Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

My new Peugeot....big f'ckn dent.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

My new Peugeot....big f'ckn dent.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 06:15 PM
miamijim

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 78 Posts
The saga is over. FedEx picked up the bike this evening and I received a 100% refund which included shipping.

I spoke to the seller on the phone and he was very understanding and apologetic. His ad clearly states that return shipping shipping is be paid by the buyer. I mentioned that I realized I was on the hook for it but he said, no. He stated that he shouldnt have packaged the bike that way and therefor he'd cover the return shipping.

Sometime in the future your probably going to see it back on ebay as he mentioned parting it out. If you do see it I can tell you its in fabulous condition....with a dent.

I'd like to say thanks to all of the BF members who provided 'emotional support' and encouragment. Your a great bunch of guys...and girls (east hill and siu blue wind)

I leave you with the water bottle and bar plugs I bought for it!!!!

Peace.....

Jim
Old 02-06-09, 12:12 AM
Panthers007
Great State of Varmint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Keep your eyes peeled. You're bound to come across something as good - or better.
Old 02-06-09, 12:19 AM
bmaxwell

Bikes: Nishiki Saga, Nishiki Olympic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Jim, not sure what size bike that was but here is a posting that i put up for you, it is another bike like the dented one... it is a big bike, but when I saw it on craigs list I thought of you and your beautiful pug that got dented. Perhaps easthill could help out with shipping since this is a local bike for her. Good luck

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=508797
Old 02-06-09, 05:17 AM
Barchettaman

Bikes: Focus trash find commuter, Eddy Merckx Corsa, BP Stealth TT bike, Leader 720 TT bike, Boardman Comp Hybrid drop bar conversion, Quantec CX budget cyclocross build, SerottaNOS frameset ready to build up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
Best of luck finding another one in your size.
Probably not the best moment to mention how much fun I´m having on the Peugeot Comp 500 that you so kindly gave me so much information on back in November......
Regards
Simon
Old 02-06-09, 08:04 AM
brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 436 Times in 176 Posts
Jim, I'm taking my PSN10 (58cm) to the swap meet in Westminster Md. this weekend or I would offer that to ya. I'm meeting another BF member there. I pretty sure he's buying it. If he does'nt you'll be the first one I will think of.