Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

When you can't even expect school bus drivers to watch out for you

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

When you can't even expect school bus drivers to watch out for you

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-23, 08:18 PM
Mtracer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 194 Posts
Concerning the OP. There may be things the cyclist, hit by the bus, could have done differently, such as take the lane, that may have reduced their chances of being hit. But in the video, it's clear the bus driver is 100% at fault. There simply is no excuse for that. The cyclist was clearly visible, even in a video, for quite same distance.

I don't care if the situation requires the bus to come to a complete stop. There's simply no excuse for hitting anything that you can clearly see that isn't somehow darting out in front of you. Slow the heck down, negotiate the situation safely for all involved.

While I hold little hope the bus driver will get any serious punishment. I'm sure they are already saying, "I didn't see them". If you're that clueless, you should be locked away for the safety of everyone else in the world.
Likes For Mtracer:
Old 04-22-23, 12:41 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
In general the motorist is the person who talks to the cop making a report on an accident. The bicyclist is either dead or on the way to the hospital. There is an inherent bias in reporting on incidents with motorists and bicyclists.
Likes For Calsun: