Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

1980 Fuji S-12-S 18-speed, "small" EXCELLENT - $350

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-22, 10:28 AM
LanceRides

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 3 Posts

UPDATE: The bike was sold on Craigslist for $300 even. Leaving the listing info here for posterity.

SEE PHOTOS
For sale in NYC Zip 10022

THE BIKE
Original owner, well cared for, well stored, Vintage 1980 steel frame Fuji S-12 set up as 18-speed

For riders around 5'2" to 5'8". Stand over height is 30.5 inches. I believe it was referred to at the time as a 19" frame. I'd call it a "small" in general.

HISTORY
Bike was new in 1980 when my wife and I were in our international touring stage. We did "credit card" touring – no camping. Always a light load and sheltered storage overnight (a garage at the inn etc). We bought it from a small bike shop on E 23rd St near 2nd Ave. Was a husband and wife business, but I can't remember the shop's name.

The conversion of the S-12 to an triple was done by the shop at purchase. It's an 18-speed now, with bar-end shifters.

Bike has never been used for city errands: Bike was never just left out in the rain or chained to a railing. We don't own a lock.

I've always done my own routine maintenance, keeping things in good working order.

We both stopped riding in the mid-80's and though I returned after a few years, she never did. The bike was first stored in our private storage locker in our building, and then behind the piano under a plastic sheet for the past 10 years.

CONDITION
Bike is ride-it-home ready. SEE PHOTOS

Late in 2021, I did some clean up with an eye to selling it. Looks like new chain, replaced rear brake cable, new brake pads, new bar tape, general degrease and lube. Wheels needed only minor truing, video shows how close I got to true (pretty close).

The mashed logo on the downtube happened when the bike was about 2 weeks old and I brought the bike back to the shop for a tune up. The gripper on the workstand just ruined the still fresh decal.

DETAILS
Price $325 (Note reduction from headline. I can't edit the headline)
Pickup in East 50's where I live. (Nearest 6, M, and E trains)

Serious inquiries will include full name, phone, and possible time when you'd like come.

Best,
Lance

Last edited by LanceRides; 07-26-22 at 03:22 PM. Reason: updating with sales info
Old 04-12-22, 12:25 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,082 Times in 522 Posts
Any chance of shipping this?
Old 04-12-22, 03:25 PM
LanceRides

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 3 Posts
Hello Polymorphself,

Thanks for your interest in my Fuji.

I'm not opposed to shipping, but of course there will be expenses involved. First would be finding a bike shop near me willing to do the packing, then of course, there's the shipping fee itself. I would ask you to arrange and pay for all that stuff. I live in zip 10022. I could bring the bike to most shops in Manhattan.

But before we go down that route, I have an inquiry from a local person who's interested. I expect to see them in the next couple of days. If that transaction does not happen, I can come back here and continue discussing shipping.

Best,
Lance
Likes For LanceRides: