Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

The Great 2024 Le Grande Garage Free-fest! FREE! Panasonic AL-7000 frame + parts

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

The Great 2024 Le Grande Garage Free-fest! FREE! Panasonic AL-7000 frame + parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-24, 01:24 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked 3,554 Times in 1,410 Posts

Okay, I've been looking forward to doing this for a long time, so I'm really excited. I've been inspired to reduce the size of the collection/fleet/garbage pile. The inspiration for this has come from a few sources, and as I have been figuring out my fit and the type of bikes I like and what qualities I like in them, I realize it is time. Sooooo...

PREFACE!

What the heck is even happening?

Well, I'm giving away free bikes and frames. That's pretty much it!

Why are you doing this?

A bout of temporary insanity? A fit of madness? Out of space? Perhaps those Huffys do ride better than anyone thinks! Hmm...things to ponder!

Maybe a hint of all of the above, but the truth, as we all know, is that it's way more fun to give than receive. And I have been the recipient of more than a fair share of kindness, free-age, and help. I have been truly blessed in my life, both from members on the forum, and in other areas of my life. It's time to give back! And I'm really excited to do so!

My hope is that whomever becomes the recipient/custodian can find their own way to give back and pay it forward, in whatever shape that takes. Maybe it's a little extra kindness towards someone, maybe it's writing that letter to an estranged family member they've been scared to write, maybe it's helping that old lady across the street or helping that person fix their flat tire on the side of the road. Or maybe it's just helping @cudak888 lift his gorgeous Huffy onto that new bike mount he made!

How does it work?

Well, if you want it, it's yours! However, while I admit I have zero control over anything once it leaves my hands, I will ask our dear bike flippers to stay thine hands! Yes, you could probably make a little money off of it. So could I have. But that isn't the point. Some things are just better than making a buck, and while I'm a firm believer in releasing obligations from things that aren't yours, let's at least try to give the folks who either A) have been looking for one of these for a while, or B), someone that is going to really derive a lot of joy from owning/fixing/riding the first shot at these. If I get no takers, I will be moving things on to the local co-op to decide from there.

Location, location, location...

As they always say! I'm to the southeast of the Denver, CO metro area. My first preference is for you to just come and get it from me, of course! I'm happy to help send any bikes/frames/parts along with anyone that might help them make their journey to you, and if you've got ideas for facilitation, I'm all ears. I am also thinking about attending Cino this year, so I could potentially bring some stuff up there with me.

I'm really, really, hoping I don't have to pack up the whole bikes and ship them out, however, I will figure out a way to do so for the right person. I would also really, really prefer not to pay for shipping, since I paid for the bikes when I first got them and would hope to not have to pay for them once I take leave of them

Thanks for looking, and let's have some fun! I've got a LOT of items I'm going to be posting, and we're going to be going from 'wow' to 'yeeow!' to 'holy cow!!!' hahaha

1st up...

Late 1980s (I guess) Panasonic AL-7000 frame!

I don't know much about this thing - it came with the sale of the Merz Specialized Allez jungle junker, and it's too small for me, so onward it must move! Now! I know that many here do not look favorably upon such lowly alloys of lightened metal and preformed bits of glue-n-screw lugness, but c'mon! Its free! Also, if you want any of the parts on it, that's okay too! I'd estimate it around a 53cm or so, and condition is pretty good. Just a few chips here and there, and no corrosion. We all know that Panasonic made very high quality cd players and microwaves, so there bikes must be no different! If (by some miracle) you were actually looking for one of these, its already got enough bits and bobs on it to get you a great headstart on a build! Some wheels, handlebar, seat, brake, and you're nearly there. I also think I have the seatpost for this thing, so please remind me of that if you snag it!

Keep an eye out - more bikes and frames to come!

Last edited by AdventureManCO; 01-20-24 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-20-24, 02:02 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by AdventureManCO
Okay, I've been looking forward to doing this for a long time, so I'm really excited. I've been inspired to reduce the size of the collection/fleet/garbage pile. The inspiration for this has come from a few sources, and as I have been figuring out my fit and the type of bikes I like and what qualities I like in them, I realize it is time. Sooooo...

PREFACE!

Why are you doing this?

A bout of temporary insanity? A fit of madness? Out of space? Perhaps those Huffys do ride better than anyone thinks! Hmm...things to ponder!

Maybe a hint of all of the above, but the truth, as we all know, is that it's way more fun to give than receive. And I have been the recipient of more than a fair share of kindness, free-age, and help. I have been truly blessed in my life, both from members on the forum, and in other areas of my life. It's time to give back! And I'm really excited to do so!

My hope is that whomever becomes the recipient/custodian can find their own way to give back and pay it forward, in whatever shape that takes. Maybe it's a little extra kindness towards someone, maybe it's writing that letter to an estranged family member they've been scared to write, maybe it's helping that old lady across the street or helping that person fix their flat tire on the side of the road. Or maybe it's just helping @cudak888 lift his gorgeous Huffy onto that new bike mount he made!

How does it work?

Well, if you want it, it's yours! However, while I admit I have zero control over anything once it leaves my hands, I will ask our dear bike flippers to stay thine hands! Yes, you could probably make a little money off of it. So could I have. But that isn't the point. Some things are just better than making a buck, and while I'm a firm believer in releasing obligations from things that aren't yours, let's at least try to give the folks who either A) have been looking for one of these for a while, or B), someone that is going to really derive a lot of joy from owning/fixing/riding the first shot at these. If I get no takers, I will be moving things on to the local co-op to decide from there.

As they always say! I'm to the southeast of the Denver, CO metro area. My first preference is for you to just come and get it from me, of course! I'm happy to help send any bikes/frames/parts along with anyone that might help them make their journey to you, and if you've got ideas for facilitation, I'm all ears. I am also thinking about attending Cino this year, so I could potentially bring some stuff up there with me.

I'm really, really, hoping I don't have to pack up the whole bikes and ship them out, however, I will figure out a way to do so for the right person. I would also really, really prefer not to pay for shipping, since I paid for the bikes when I first got them and would hope to not have to pay for them once I take leave of them

Thanks for looking, and let's have some fun! I've got a LOT of items I'm going to be posting, and we're going to be going from 'wow' to 'yeeow!' to 'holy cow!!!' hahaha

1st up...

I don't know much about this thing - it came with the sale of the Merz Specialized Allez jungle junker, and it's too small for me, so onward it must move! Now! I know that many here do not look favorably upon such lowly alloys of lightened metal and preformed bits of glue-n-screw lugness, but c'mon! Its free! Also, if you want any of the parts on it, that's okay too! I'd estimate it around a 53cm or so, and condition is pretty good. Just a few chips here and there, and no corrosion. We all know that Panasonic made very high quality cd players and microwaves, so there bikes must be no different! If (by some miracle) you were actually looking for one of these, its already got enough bits and bobs on it to get you a great headstart on a build! Some wheels, handlebar, seat, brake, and you're nearly there. I also think I have the seatpost for this thing, so please remind me of that if you snag it!

Unfortunately, I’m in the same position. Not so much with bikes & frames, but lots of parts. You may just provide the incentive to get moving. Plus, you have presented this with a great sense of humor.
Cheers,
Van
Likes For Senior Ryder 00:
Old 01-20-24, 06:46 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,181 Times in 1,183 Posts

PREFACE!

Why are you doing this?

How does it work?

1st up...

A.M. CO.
Instant Karma....Very gracious of you to do this!
Best ,Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 01-28-24, 11:02 AM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Originally Posted by xiaoman1

A.M. CO.
Instant Karma....Very gracious of you to do this!
Best ,Ben

No takers on the Panasonic yet I think - let me know if you'd like it!!

Old 01-28-24, 02:11 PM
Econops

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I saw this series of "free-fest" posts earlier in the week, and I've been biting my tongue because I do NOT need another bike right now! I applaud you though, this is an incredibly generous thing you're doing.

While I was searching for info about this Panasonic, I found a post on [another popular forum starting with "R" which is censored for some reason?] from a couple months ago where someone was searching for one of these. I'll send them a link to this thread, maybe this bike will be just what they were looking for.
Old 01-28-24, 03:13 PM
condie92

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Al-7000???

Oh man! I’ve been looking for another one of these for YEARS!! I sold mine in 2015 before moving overseas and regretted it ever since. Mine was even a 53cm frame. It was the bike I learned to wrench on and I took dang good care of it. If it’s still available, I will absolutely take it. Can’t believe I actually found this!
Old 01-28-24, 05:29 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Originally Posted by condie92
Oh man! I’ve been looking for another one of these for YEARS!! I sold mine in 2015 before moving overseas and regretted it ever since. Mine was even a 53cm frame. It was the bike I learned to wrench on and I took dang good care of it. If it’s still available, I will absolutely take it. Can’t believe I actually found this!
Whoa, really? Someone who will take this thing?! Mwahahaha!

Just kidding. I’m grateful this will find a home! For we all know what would happen, should I drive this down to the co-op -

‘Oh, thanks for your donation!’

*TRASH*

So this is great. I need to get a bunch of shipping boxes for this and some other bikes going out.

Are you the one that Econops was referencing??

You anywhere near Colorado, or is some shipping in order?
Old 01-28-24, 05:49 PM
condie92

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I imagine that was me, I was asking around on the forum that rhymes with “bread it” a while ago. It’s honestly my favorite bike in the history of the world. I’m in western Arkansas, but I’ll happily cover shipping. Email me at condie92@gmail.com
Old 01-28-24, 06:46 PM
Piff 

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 753 Times in 410 Posts
Panasonic made their own stuff, but damn if this doesn't look awfully similar to the glued and screwed aluminum frames Miyata made.
Old 01-28-24, 07:09 PM
condie92

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Whoa, really? Someone who will take this thing?! Mwahahaha!

Just kidding. I’m grateful this will find a home! For we all know what would happen, should I drive this down to the co-op -

‘Oh, thanks for your donation!’

*TRASH*

So this is great. I need to get a bunch of shipping boxes for this and some other bikes going out.

Are you the one that Econops was referencing??

You anywhere near Colorado, or is some shipping in order?

I’m in Arkansas, but I’ll pay to ship it if you can get a box. Send me an email- condie92@gmail.com
Likes For condie92:
Old 01-29-24, 10:37 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

I’m in Arkansas, but I’ll pay to ship it if you can get a box. Send me an email- condie92@gmail.com

As soon as I get a box, I'll email you to let you know.

Old 02-05-24, 11:56 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

I finally found a box at a cool little shop near me, so we will make progress in the shipment area. Once I have it boxed up (as small and light as I can reasonably go) I'll reach out to you!

Likes For AdventureManCO:
Old 02-06-24, 12:24 AM
condie92

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice 🤘🏼
Old 02-11-24, 02:58 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Thanks to Mad Honk i now know the ways of shipping a bike frameset.

We are close to getting this one out the door!

condie92 I will get you a bikeflights quote soon.

Old 02-11-24, 03:14 PM
condie92

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Awesome! I’m pretty excited 😆
Old 02-11-24, 03:15 PM
condie92

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Are you throwing in that seat post too?
Old 02-11-24, 03:26 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Are you throwing in that seat post too?
D'oh!!! Forgot about the seatpost. Yep, I will throw it in there

Old 02-11-24, 03:27 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Emailing you now.

Old 02-12-24, 10:43 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Package to be dropped off to UPS tomorrow or the next day! I'm excited to see you get it!