Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Shifting issues

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Shifting issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-21, 12:52 PM
Bru0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shifting issues

Hello!
I recently bought a used Mondraker Dune 2019 and decided to replace the chain and casette. The issue that i'm having is that the shifting work great on the lower cogs, but it shifts too much on the larger cogs. If i adjust it to shift well on the larger cogs, then it doesn't work on the smaller ones. I even replaced the derailleur hanger, but i can't figure out what the issue is. Before upgrading i had a Sunrace casette and now i have Shimano casette with a Sram chain, 11s shifter and derailleur. So can you tell me what the issue is? Thanks.

Last edited by Bru0; 05-05-21 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-05-21, 06:48 AM
andrewclaus

Bikes: 2012 Specialized Elite Disc, 1983 Trek 520

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 741 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by Bru0
Hello!
I recently bought a used Mondraker Dune 2019 and decided to replace the chain and casette. The issue that i'm having is that the shifting work great on the lower cogs, but it shifts too much on the larger cogs. If i adjust it to shift well on the larger cogs, then it doesn't work on the smaller ones. I even replaced the derailleur hanger, but i can't figure out what the issue is. Before upgrading i had a Sunrace casette and now i have Shimano casette with a Sram chain, 11s shifter and derailleur. So can you tell me what the issue is? Thanks.
Check the hanger alignment. Even new hangers should be checked after installation. Then try replacing cable housing, starting with the bend by the rear derailleur.
Old 05-05-21, 07:02 AM
rhenning

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 80 Posts
It also sounds like you could have some mismatched parts. Roger