Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Review of Road Bike Rack: Axiom Streamliner DLX road

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-22, 03:35 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 151 Posts

I made a video that I wished had existed when I was deciding to buy the Axiom Streamliner DLX Road. This is a pannier rear rack made specifically for road bikes with skewers. I try to show a lot of detailed pics and video at 4K to give you a sense of what it looks like on a road bike.While I haven’t put many miles yet, its clear this rack coupled with Ortlieb Sport-Roller Classic Bags and a Specialized Roubaix is a winner. The Axiom rack has many well thought out features detailed in this

Likes For Symox:
Old 03-12-22, 10:44 PM
Symox

Bikes: '23 Poseidon Redwood, '07 Specialized Roubaix Comp Triple, '12 Gravity Fixie, '21 Liv Rove 4, '06? Giant EB Spirit

Went on a ride with it today on windy, hilly roads. While I didn't load the bags on the rack, I was very impressed that the rack is dead silent on the bike when riding. I may be imagining things, but the backend feels stiffer on corners (good thing).
Old 03-13-22, 10:58 AM
Freerojo

Bikes: 1997 Specialized Hardrock GX, 2008 Specialized Roubaix Triple 105, 1996 Cannondale RT2000 tandem

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 14 Posts
I have this rack, what I didn’t like is that the top of the rack is so narrow that a regular rack bag will tend to fall to either side. The other is you need to drill out the skewer holes to make them bigger otherwise good luck trying to hold bike, wheel, rack and skewer while feeding skewer through everything. The bigger skewer hole makes this a little easier but it’s still a hassle.
Old 03-13-22, 05:38 PM
Symox

Originally Posted by Freerojo
I have this rack, what I didn’t like is that the top of the rack is so narrow that a regular rack bag will tend to fall to either side. The other is you need to drill out the skewer holes to make them bigger otherwise good luck trying to hold bike, wheel, rack and skewer while feeding skewer through everything. The bigger skewer hole makes this a little easier but it’s still a hassle.
While the rack does have a narrow top section (something I actually like) I have not modified the rack to drill holes on the skewers - they are plenty big for my QR skewers
Old 03-13-22, 05:57 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2239 Post(s)
Liked 3,434 Times in 1,797 Posts
I've got these on several bikes and they are extremely good. The price is hard to beat as well. I have big feet and disc brakes, both of which require a good set-back.

I've never used the skewer holes; just conventional mounting.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 03-13-22, 06:07 PM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked 460 Times in 318 Posts
Great rack if one does not use trunk bags. I've had both versions, the ones that the QR bolts through and the more traditional stay-mounted kind. They have a pretty high load limit which I'm not sure is accurate. Never had a problem with mine, though.
Likes For tFUnK: