Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Colnago Super Piu ('92-'96?)

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-21, 03:31 AM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 17 Posts

I have a thread about this bike in the C&V "what is it worth" thread before I had bought it. I still do not really know what model it is, but I believe it to be a Super Piu circa '92-'93. I could not find a Colnago catalog image for '93, '95, or '96. I only think that it may be from '92-'93 because it seems to match (as best as I can tell) the 1992 catalog image. Unfortunately, after looking at some Colnago catalogs I find them hard to trust. In the '94 catalog it shows a Super Piu which fits the general features of the frame, but in the description it states Tange tubing while in the photo there is clearly a Columbus decal on the frame! So how do I really know what is accurate. In the '91 catalog the Super Piu has the rear brake cable entering and exiting from the top of the top tube; the '92 catalog shows it routing in the same manner as on my bike (entering at the bottom of the tube in front and exiting from the top of the tube in the rear). The '97 catalog shows no Super model at all so I assume it to be at least '92-'96 without having access to the rest of the catalogs during that time period. I assume it was bought as a bare frame since it has what appears to be original Campy Record shifters/brake levers and pedals, but essentially Chorus everywhere else (new and old parts). I purchased it without wheels, but test rode it with a set from another bike to verify that there was no significant frame problems that were not visible. The headset has a spacer which may indicate a fork replacement (longer steerer tube than original); no sign of any damage on the frame other than minor scuffs and chips. It rides just fine, and I am waiting for a wheelset (Campy Vento and Shamal; full wheelset, and Shamal rim). Seller was asking $700; paid $550. Wheels total $275. I will post my own photos of it shortly; the photos in the other post were from the seller. I would be curious if anyone has a similar model and knows what year they have. Someone mentioned a "C" model, but I never saw one in the catalog examples except a C94 which did not match so I don't know what other "C" models would look like. It does not match the Super 91 shown in the '91 or '92 catalogs.

Last edited by le bici di jaco; 12-22-21 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 12-22-21, 12:54 PM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Bikes: Colnago: Supers '79/'80, '81, '89 (Piu), '91/'92 (Piu); Mexico '82/'83. Basso "Gap" '84

Photos:

Edit: photo problems as usual! Site says I do not have permission; makes me log in again without allowing management of photos which uploaded, but will not add to post. ?

"le bici di jaco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I just added photos a couple days ago. This is taking up too much time.

Last edited by le bici di jaco; 12-23-21 at 03:45 AM.
Old 12-22-21, 09:08 PM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Moving to the CABE, see you there!

Trying again! And again, this:

"le bici di jaco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home"

I guess I'll leave the site since I know folks seem to desire photographic evidence. It is taking up far too much time to queue photos, upload them and then have nothing happen. Now I can't even get to an upload page. I guess I'm banned. I will try the CABE and see if the results are better. Thanks for having me, and sorry if I violated some protocol I was not aware of.

Last edited by le bici di jaco; 12-23-21 at 01:13 AM.
Old 12-22-21, 09:22 PM
dedhed
SE Wis

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Sprite, '02 Raleigh C500, '84 Raleigh Gran Prix, '91 Trek 400, 2013 Novara Randonee, 1990 Trek 970

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
Liked 3,401 Times in 2,058 Posts
Originally Posted by le bici di jaco
Trying again! And again, this:

le bici di jaco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

I guess I'll leave the site since I know folks seem to desire photographic evidence. It is taking up far too much time to queue photos, upload them and then have nothing happen. Now I can't even get to an upload page. I guess I'm banned. I will try the CABE and see if the results are better. Thanks for having me, and sorry if I violated some protocol I was not aware of.
Post here for assistance regarding photos.

https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...er-assistance/
Old 12-23-21, 03:54 AM
le bici di jaco
SAARF WAS WRONG!

Originally Posted by dedhed
Post here for assistance regarding photos.

https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...er-assistance/
Thanks, but clearing account. Doesn't matter anymore. I'm sure it's just me; I'm a microchip moron.
Last post; see ya!