Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

29” GT Pro Series or Haro Slo-Ride?

Search
Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-24, 09:49 AM
JL13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I’m really just looking to buy a pair of one of these bikes for the wife & I to cruise around the neighborhoods on. I’ve been out of the game for far too long, know nothing of GT or Haro’s quality these days for that matter. Pick the cheapest? Haro would be $300, GT $380. I can’t imagine for the intended use of them that they would differ too much between the two, but that’s why I’m here to shoot the question out. Would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
Old 03-15-24, 05:34 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
What did you think after riding them? What did your wife think after riding them? That is the real question to ask and that would be on your own. Potentially the GT seems a little better with a disc brake but the Haro looks more fun (in terms of paint and pads). In the end it really comes down to the test rides and what you think. In the end both of those bikes could be a the wrong bike for you and we could suggest getting something that isn't right.
Old 03-16-24, 06:47 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 246 Posts
29" GT Pro for yourself and a 26" Haro Slo-Ride for the wife.....
Old 03-16-24, 11:35 AM
JL13

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedway2
29" GT Pro for yourself and a 26" Haro Slo-Ride for the wife.....
Is this strictly due to the colors? Ha.

I don’t have the opportunity to hop on & test ‘em both, they’ll be ordered online. Was hoping to find someone on here that have had hands on with both, or either - and had some helpful advice.
Old 03-16-24, 01:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4358 Post(s)
Liked 3,996 Times in 2,667 Posts
Originally Posted by JL13

I don’t have the opportunity to hop on & test ‘em both, they’ll be ordered online. Was hoping to find someone on here that have had hands on with both, or either - and had some helpful advice.
That sucks not being able to ride a bike is a tough one to know if it is the right bike for you unless you know exactly what you are looking for, know geometry and know generally how the bike will ride

What sort of riding are you doing? How often? How far? Are you doing tricks at all? What does your wife say?
Old 03-17-24, 07:02 AM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 405 Times in 246 Posts
Originally Posted by JL13

I based my opinion thinking both you and your wife are of average height.
Old 03-19-24, 10:07 AM
t2p

Bikes: Cannondale - Gary Fisher - Giant - Litespeed - Schwinn Paramount - Schwinn (lugged steel) - Trek OCLV

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked 1,886 Times in 1,085 Posts
I prefer GT - just going by familiarity and appearance
Old 03-21-24, 11:48 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
Both are fine and priced right. They are cro-mo which means heavier due to size. Not a fan of SE big bikes but and some others offer aluminum and easier to maneuver.