Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Sorry, But I Cussed Out Motorist

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Sorry, But I Cussed Out Motorist

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-10, 05:18 PM
travelmama

Bikes: Kona Ute, Nishiki 4130, Trek 7000, K2 Mach 1.0, Novara Randonee, Schwinn Loop, K2 Zed 1.0, Schwinn Cream, Torker Boardwalk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why be sorry about feeling the need to cuss out a motorist? Heck, if they provoked your reaction, there is nothing wrong with it. I cuss people out all of the time. When I am riding my bike, I get men honking at and following me around. I tell them to leave me the F alone. I ride a scooter and get cut off more than anyone will ever know. My bike goes 35 mph and the speed limit is the same so people need to deal with it. I go up to them and tell them their driving is unsafe. I have gone up to some with "Are you okay? Well, your driving isn't." One woman cut me off, I told her about it and she came back with "That is what your helmet is for." Folks!
Old 02-02-10, 05:24 PM
hairnet
Fresh Garbage

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by travelmama
One woman cut me off, I told her about it and she came back with "That is what your helmet is for." Folks!
all faith in humanity is lost... now
Old 02-03-10, 10:19 AM
wmt3rd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When they yell to get on the sidewalk, just point to your bike and yell "ROAD BIKE!" and smile.