Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Merlin Shipping Speed

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Merlin Shipping Speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-22, 06:23 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622
I never stated I ordered something 6 years ago. That's a moot conversation.

It's a recent order but since Merlin is still active, holidays deals are active. Then I think some people might be interested in delivery time frame during these holidays 2022.
I never stated you did, I was stating the original posters in the thread had probably already dealt with it hence the fact the thread hasn't been active since 2016. There would be no real need to post in a long dormant thread that is solved. I think if people haven't ordered holiday gifts at this point they understand a wait is going to be the case. I can see if someone was asking but this thread everyone is long done with it back in 2016 in fact. It was 4/20/2016 @ 2:44 PM to be precise.

One should only zombie their own thread to post a very useful update or if someone has some really crucial info that has to be posted in that thread and doesn't make sense in a new topic. Beyond that all the info is still there and can be accessed easily (sometimes too easily) and is fine left alone.
Old 12-18-22, 06:24 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1199 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 717 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I never stated you did, I was stating the original posters in the thread had probably already dealt with it hence the fact the thread hasn't been active since 2016. There would be no real need to post in a long dormant thread that is solved. I think if people haven't ordered holiday gifts at this point they understand a wait is going to be the case. I can see if someone was asking but this thread everyone is long done with it back in 2016 in fact. It was 4/20/2016 @ 2:44 PM to be precise.

One should only zombie their own thread to post a very useful update or if someone has some really crucial info that has to be posted in that thread and doesn't make sense in a new topic. Beyond that all the info is still there and can be accessed easily (sometimes too easily) and is fine left alone.
Let's leave it up to the mods to decide whether my post is unnecessary. I hate going back and forth with someone over the interwebs.

Have a great holiday.
Old 12-18-22, 06:28 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Let's leave it up to the mods to decide whether my post is unnecessary. I hate going back and forth with someone over the interwebs.

Have a great holiday.
I mean they did already figure that out in 2016 when everyone else stopped posting. There is no need to go back and forth at that point, they already did all of that in 2016.

Have a great set of holidays as well : )
Old 12-18-22, 06:31 PM
malcala622

I mean they did already figure that out in 2016 when everyone else stopped posting. There is no need to go back and forth at that point, they already did all of that in 2016.

Have a great set of holidays as well : )
Not really it wouldve been locked if it was resolved. But i get ur thinking

Old 12-18-22, 06:32 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

No need to lock a thread that is ended without incident.
Old 12-18-22, 08:50 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
I never stated I ordered something 6 years ago. That's a moot conversation.

It's a recent order but since Merlin is still active, holidays deals are active I think some people might be interested in delivery time frame during these holidays 2022.
If anyone had any more recent concerns about their shipping they probably would've posted asking about it.

^This^

No, they don't lock every old thread once it reaches a certain age, they're just left alone to sleep. Til someone dredges them up.

No need to lock a thread that is ended without incident.
And ^this^ again.
Old 12-18-22, 09:33 PM
malcala622

cxwrench

There were a handful of posts from members showing their recent order and delivery time. None got flack for posting at the time even though this is a "where's my order" thread. I tried to keep the peace by saying I'd rather not argue back and forth but I guess that's not feasible.

I'm not apologizing for posting but it makes no sense now updating if it hurts ones feelings about zombie threads.

Have a great holiday everyone stay safe.