Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Clicking noise solved. F.Y.I.

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 01:50 PM
JTGraphics

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This is an Aluminum frame with carbon dropouts not a full CF frame.
I write this to help any else that may need to look at this!
Ok my buddy has a fairly new road bike that had a clicking noise, that he just could not stop.
Info on the noise it would click anytime but mostly when he'd apply hard pedal pressure on either side, ok so you'd think BB or Headset your normal things well after driving him nuts for the last 2-3 months not to mention me riding next to him hearing click click or like a tick tick noise I told him I wanted to take his bike apart and reassemble it, well I did and it still made the noise.
Well at this point I knew what it wasn't LOL so I look at the unlikely places well guess were I found it? he has a bike were the cable runs thru the top tube.
OK Yes it was the cable inside moving sometimes making the click and tick noise, now we can ride without hearing this annoying noise LOL....
Just something to look at if you have a bike with cables running thru the Top Tube.