Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Philippe Tour de France (D357) Drop Bars

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-23, 01:26 AM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 116 Posts

I bought these highly polished beauties as NOS many years ago. Then, I gently clamped them down (not noticeable on the bars), mounted one brake lever (visible bar scuffs), then decided to go a different route for the build. During that time, I managed to somehow generate a little underside wear (see image with pen pointing to scuffing). Other than that, these bars are gorgeous and never fully mounted, nor ever ridden.

Width (ctc) - 40 cm
Clamp Size - 25.4 mm
Drop (ctc) - 155 mm
Reach (ctc) - 100 mm

Price: $ SOLD $
=======================================================
PayPal (F&F free or 4% paid by buyer), Venmo or Zelle accepted.

Last edited by The Thin Man; 04-12-23 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-02-23, 08:39 AM
C9H13N 

Bikes: Davidson ’81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 121 Posts
Do these bars have any flare at the drops or are they "square" and non-flared like a Cinelli 66?

I want "square" bars for my Grand Record project but I'm loathe to sand down one of my 1A stems, at least until I get the fit perfect. Factory stem is 25.4/22.0 (!) I love the French!

thank you!
Old 04-02-23, 10:52 AM
The Thin Man 

C9H13N - I hesitate to say anything that could be looked at as opinion as what square is or not. That really is up to personal preference. I can tell you that these are classic, French bars with a very traditional shape.
Have you looked at the image link? I took a shot from the side but it may not be what your looking for. Luckily, there are plenty of other images out there of these bars and likely even more opinions if you'd like to engage our community.

Old 04-02-23, 12:13 PM
C9H13N 

Bikes: Davidson ’81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by The Thin Man
C9H13N - I hesitate to say anything that could be looked at as opinion as what square is or not. That really is up to personal preference. I can tell you that these are classic, French bars with a very traditional shape.
Have you looked at the image link? I took a shot from the side but it may not be what your looking for. Luckily, there are plenty of other images out there of these bars and likely even more opinions if you'd like to engage our community.

What I mean is that the ramps, hoods and drops are in the same vertical plane at a 90 degree angle to the tops, with no flare. Side view doesn't tell me anything about this.

For example a 40cm bar would measure 40cm ctc at the hoods and the same 40cm ctc at the drops.

sorry if my first description was confusing!

I'm at work and i'll try to take a picture later that might explain better thank you

Last edited by C9H13N; 04-02-23 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-02-23, 02:17 PM
kroozer 
vintage motor

Bikes: 48 Automoto, 49 Stallard, 50 Rotrax, 62 Jack Taylor, 67 Atala, 68 Lejeune, 72-74-75 Motobecanes, 73 RIH, 71 Zieleman, 74 Raleigh, 78 Windsor, 83 Messina (Villata), 84 Brazzo (Losa), 85 Davidson, 90 Diamondback, 92 Kestrel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 79 Posts
I have these on one of my bikes, they are fairly square/ non-flared.
Likes For kroozer:
Old 04-11-23, 03:49 PM
50yr_roadie
2wheelfan

Bikes: Klein Quantum Race, Giant TCR, Peugeot PSV10, Peugeot UO-8(2), Peugeot UE-8, FUJI S12-S LTD, Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hope I'm first in line for these! They'll go on a Peugeot uo8 I'm restoring for my 65th birthday.
I've been a long-time lurker on BikeForums and just joined today. Please advise how to proceed with coordinating payment/shipping, etc
Old 04-11-23, 05:32 PM
The Thin Man 

Welcome to Bike Forums! You'll find a lot of good info on your UO8.

As for the bars, I've sent you a private message. If you aren't able to view it for whatever reason, let me know and I can put my email address here in the thread.

Originally Posted by 50yr_roadie
Hope I'm first in line for these! They'll go on a Peugeot uo8 I'm restoring for my 65th birthday.
I've been a long-time lurker on BikeForums and just joined today. Please advise how to proceed with coordinating payment/shipping, etc
Old 04-11-23, 06:10 PM
50yr_roadie
2wheelfan

Bikes: Klein Quantum Race, Giant TCR, Peugeot PSV10, Peugeot UO-8(2), Peugeot UE-8, FUJI S12-S LTD, Raleigh M80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
system won't let me view/use PMs

TheThinMan: hope this reply gets posted (the last 2 attempts indicated 'pending administrator review'). Please post an email address, as the system won't let me access/use PMs yet. Thanks.