Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bike carrier

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-21, 07:43 PM
Musickjr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bike carrier

Recommendations for the Best Buy carrier for a Audi Q7
Old 08-01-21, 08:22 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4355 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
What sort of stuff are you purchasing from Best Buy? You could probably put the T.V. in the trunk? I could put the Playstation or Nintendo Wii in the back seat along with some games...

If you are looking for bike racks Küat NV 2.0 is a nice rack but since you have given ZERO INFO on how many bikes or what bikes or anything beyond saying Best Buy (the electronic store) carrier for a luxury car.

More than likely Stealth Hitches makes something for your car but no year on the car or any trim package listings so you make it even harder to suggest in case you don't have a hitch.
Old 08-02-21, 05:45 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Depends on your needs. If you go the trailer hitch route there are plenty to choose from.

Heavy duty, but in short supply is the 1UP. This is a well built monster style rack that can handle almost any type of bike but could be overkill for some. My only complaint is that rack will ruin the look of your vehicle. Oversized meccano apparatus that looks out of place on the caliber of your vehicle. I have never read one negative review on this rack.

The Kuat NV 2.0 mentioned above is another well reviewed rack and looks good. The Sherpa is a little less money, little less robust and may be a more cost efficient model.

Thule make different models depending on your needs. I own the Helium platform because it was available, it is extremely light for putting it on and taking it off your vehicle when you don't need it. It takes most style bikes and more importantly it took the different style of bikes I owned.

Rocky Mounts is another brand but I have no information.

There are lesser brands from such as Allen Sports etc that other on this board are much more knowledgeable and can fill you in.

Then of course there is the roof rack route but your vehicle is pretty high so lifting bikes up can be cumbersome but not insurmountable.

I noticed in your five posts to date, they are usually questions with one line which as stated above lacks the information to give you specific information in return. A bit more information in your questions would be respectful to the other on this board that take the time to help you out.
Likes For blakcloud:
Old 08-02-21, 07:01 AM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata DB conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(pur new), '88 GT Tequesta(pur new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 DB conv, Trek 8900 DB conv

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Liked 810 Times in 471 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Depends on your needs. If you go the trailer hitch route there are plenty to choose from.

Heavy duty, but in short supply is the 1UP. This is a well built monster style rack that can handle almost any type of bike but could be overkill for some. My only complaint is that rack will ruin the look of your vehicle. Oversized meccano apparatus that looks out of place on the caliber of your vehicle. I have never read one negative review on this rack.
Due to a recent event I've been researching the current selection of bike carriers. I came across the 1UP and really liked it. I was nearly sold on it, but in the end it's not for me. The swing up arm to secure the rear wheel will interfere with the rear rack that's on some of my bikes. Deal killer for me. I sent a note to 1UP suggesting they make a version of the heavy duty 2 carrier that has a cradle and strap for the rear wheel.