Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New supplier since VeloCals folded?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

New supplier since VeloCals folded?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-23, 12:13 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by Lattz
Where did you post your pics giving place to express interest? In my really limited free time, I try to help people with decals just for the fun of it. I have a few simple rules, drop here a few pics is you are interested.
Rules:
- Once I say okay, I give a try, I'll come up with something, but it neither will be fast, nor Gus Salmon Quality
- I'm giving you the vector graphics needed for printing them, they are endlessly scalable from ant's feet to tanker ship, but it's your thing to find a suitable print shop around your area
- help others you bump into with the need for the same
- you can do whatever you want with the file or printouts (I mean yes, you can even sell them) but you can't stop me doing the same <joking> if one day I try to open "LattzCals" </joking>
I didn't post any pics, but would be happy to send you what I have and see if we can work something out. Thanks!

- Dr Samuel Johnson
Old 08-14-23, 12:29 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 968 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,047 Posts
Here's a thread I started over 10 years ago. Making cheap bumper sticker decals is easy. You can also make your own using helicopter tape. The decals are not exact but will do in most cases...

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...knockoffs.html
Old 08-14-23, 12:31 PM
Lattz

Bikes: 80s Alan Super Record, 79' Somec Special, 90s Rossin(?) Columbus Ego Triathlon, previously: Bianchi SBX Reparto Corse (stolen) and so on...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 813 Times in 602 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
I didn't post any pics, but would be happy to send you what I have and see if we can work something out. Thanks!
Shoot over a few pics, at least to see if we can work out something. I'm trying to put together a decal for another member, but if yours is not something like the SOMEC PIXEL decal, it could be the next in the line.
Likes For Lattz:
Old 08-21-23, 12:02 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 79 Posts
A vendor suggested above, retrodecals.co.uk, didn't seem to offer any Univega decals but suggested I send him photos of what I needed for my Alpina Pro.
To my surprise, maybe his too, he had previously done a set for an '82 Alpina Pro, and they'll do just fine.
Not cheap but as long as I'm going down this road...

Another UK supplier from this thread, bicyclestickers.co.uk, turns out to have a relatively cheap set that are a pretty good match for my Stumpjumper Sport.

So thanks for the suggestions, and thanks to Lattz, who was willing to craft something for me.

- Dr Samuel Johnson

Last edited by Chicago Al; 08-21-23 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-21-23, 07:19 PM
mml373

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by psychling78
Wondering if any of you who do restoration are aware of a supplier who has even half the catalog that this fine supplier did.
(Had I known they were going to close, I would have ordered tons more transfers in advance. )
Yeah, just realized they're gone. I would have considered buying their business had I known... They made great stuff.
Old 09-21-23, 09:13 PM
panzerwagon 
Garage tetris expert

Bikes: A few. Ok, a lot

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by mml373
Yeah, just realized they're gone. I would have considered buying their business had I known... They made great stuff.
They were planning to simply switch business exclusively to sign-making (not sure if it was a part-time endeavor prior). They probably still have all the art and templates/processes-- might consider inquiring to see if they'll agree to sell or allow re-use. The protagonists are likely still on linkedin, facebook, etc.