Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

I'm back in NA now (Oregon) and need some advice on where to go touring that is quiet

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

I'm back in NA now (Oregon) and need some advice on where to go touring that is quiet

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-09, 08:48 PM
AnnaMossity
'roid monkey wannabe

Bikes: I have a custom 2006 Zinn magnesium frame road bike set up for triathlon and a big semi-custom touring bike, the frame of which is a 1983 Apollo Prestige XL.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have been riding down the coast from Vancouver BC after returning from France and I'm tired of having cars whiz by me every second. Where can I go that is quiet like only one car an hour or so? I have to stick to roads or good gravel paths because I have a heavy bike on crummy wheels (long story).

I was thinking of going to Mexico, is this a good idea? I'd need to visit a school for a few weeks to pick up some Spanish so if anyone has advice on where to go and how to do that I would appreciate it. I have only $5000 CAD and want it to last so the cheaper the better. What are roads like in Mexico? Any good Desert roads in Cali, AZ, Nev, NM or TX I should know of?

Anyone want to come with? I'm in Eugene OR and have been mostly alone in foreign countries for a month. Need someone to chat with tho I'm prolly too abrasive for most. W/E msg me if you want.

TY 4 the help en avance
Old 07-27-09, 12:23 AM
konakola

Bikes: Kona phd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to Nevada. The secondary roads are great,good shoulders, little traffic, it's a big state with lots to see. Almost every town has a low limit poker game if you can play. Roll into town, set up camp, knock off the game, pack up and go to the next town. Have fun.
Old 07-27-09, 12:34 AM
AnnaMossity
'roid monkey wannabe

Bikes: I have a custom 2006 Zinn magnesium frame road bike set up for triathlon and a big semi-custom touring bike, the frame of which is a 1983 Apollo Prestige XL.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for seconding my initial thoughts. Might have to head South to Mexi first but hwy 6 and 50 beckon. Gambling doesn't but w/e thanks for the info
Old 07-27-09, 02:26 AM
konakola

Bikes: Kona phd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't forget Death Valley National Park.