Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Nishiki Serial Number Database

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Nishiki Serial Number Database

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-10, 10:43 PM
realityguy

Bikes: raleigh,shogun, brake rod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Oops..forgot to add..it's a 62 for height..pretty tall for me,why the seat was dropped..rides fine but the wheels need to be trued...
Old 04-19-10, 11:17 PM
Gearbox

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a Nishiki Tri-A CF04174 pink/black colour scheme identical to page 9/10. Araya rims, Suntour 7000 derailleurs and crank. Bought it from Evan's bike shop in Hamilton Ontario for $250. Perfect condition didn't find a scratch. Zero wear on ring gears or freewheel. A brand new 25 year old bike!
Old 04-20-10, 04:24 AM
NishikiRoad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi! What's your knowledge on Nishikis sold to Europe? I'm from Finland and a week ago I won a Nishiki Trim Master from a police auction. The components are from the Shimano 105 series and it has araya rims with sansin hubs + stem and handlebar by sakae. The frame is built from Tange Infinity tapered double butted tubing. Theres a decal on it that says "Japan" and one that says "Designed by Nishiki". The serial number is 86F02357, could the two first numbers stand for 1986 and F for Finland? I would appreciate any info about this bike.

here's some pictures:

This is what the bike looked like after the auction. Everything had a thick layer of dirt on it.

here is a detailed picture of the lugwork

the components appeared to be in great shape after I cleaned and polished them thoroughly. I even managed to do an ok job on the white brake lever hoods which were more like yellow at first.

Last edited by NishikiRoad; 04-20-10 at 04:27 AM.
Old 04-23-10, 06:59 AM
NishikiRoad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anyone?
Old 04-23-10, 08:37 AM
SillyRabbit
Mayor of Bonk Town.

Bikes: ''98 Cannondale R600, '85 Specialized Allez

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just got my hands on a '87 54cm Nishiki Modulus. Frame is blue and pink with complete shimano exage sport grouppo. Will post a pic as soon as I can find a usb cord.
Serial Number (BB): WG13755
Old 04-24-10, 12:34 PM
Magne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey all. I just got my first vintage road bike. It´s a Nishiki Arrow Speed, and I´m unable to locate the serial. I´ve gone over the bike in detail, but can´t find it anywhere.

The frame is maroonish/reddish with silverish head and seat tubes. On the seat tube is a yellow (I think) Tange sticker. It also got Suntour 7 gears and Dia-Compe brakes.

Can anyone tell me something about the bike? I can´t find any info on this particular model online.

Will post images later.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-10, 02:25 PM
korg
canadian clyesdale

Bikes: cannondale quick5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think I got a decent score on my first road bike, I picked it up off a local eclassified for 50 bucks, the guy was selling for his son that moved away, he said it was bought in the early 90"s and has been in storage for a long time.

I am planning on changing the tires and handle tape but other than that it is really good shape.
Nishiki Competition

any guess on the serial# info, or info on the components

thanks
jim
Old 04-26-10, 06:32 AM
auchencrow

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by korg
I think I got a decent score on my first road bike, I picked it up off a local eclassified for 50 bucks..... really good shape.
Nishiki Competition

Hi Korg -
Well I'd have to say so ! - That was a grrrreat score!
(Hopefully someone else can answer your question on the s/n.)
Old 04-30-10, 12:26 PM
SillyRabbit
Mayor of Bonk Town.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Finally got some pictures of my 1987 Nishiki Modulus. Serial Number: WG13755

Last edited by SillyRabbit; 04-30-10 at 12:38 PM.
Likes For SillyRabbit:
Old 05-03-10, 12:22 AM
realityguy

Bikes: raleigh,shogun, brake rod

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Goodwill buy today..1980(I think..KJ07010) Nishiki Gran Tour 15 weighs only about 25lbs!
Chrome Molybdenum(sticker top of seat post)frame,Sugino supermaxy triple crank front(36-52) ,6 speed hub rear(GT 15?),Suntour Cyclone deraillur rear,Sugino seat post(crappy seat),Campagnalo brakes and brake levers,SR handle bar post,Ukai Rims,Sunshine Gyromaster hubs...I can't find any info on this model???I don't really understand the Gran Tour 15 and 18 speeds???Change out?Anyway..posting late night pics here and have to leave town for a few days,..will respond when I get back...Thanks for any info...

Likes For realityguy:
Old 05-04-10, 01:22 AM
pvfjr

Bikes: 2011 Focus Thunder 1.0, 1983 Fuji Sports 12, 2004 Specialized Hard Rock

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's a new one for you...

Serial G1184, a 1984 Villager. Anyone ever seen one before?

Chrome-Moly Main Tubes
Dia-Compe Brakes
Sugino Crankset
Shimano 3S IGH hub
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01642..jpg (96.8 KB, 264 views)
Old 05-05-10, 12:54 AM
unknown force
i r n00b

Bikes: windsor the hour

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey guys i picked up this bike last week off of CL, trying to find out as much info as i can right now but haven't gotten around to cleaning the bike up yet and checking out the pieces until summer vacation starts. was planning on turning it into a fixed gear/ss
serial number is
KS183190
which means its pre-1975 but is there a way to determine the year?
all the components seem to be shimano as well
a sticker on the frame reads 3550 redondo beach blvd, i want to say it says Chirco Bicycles but not sure, but that address is now performance bicycles in Torrance, CA

Old 05-05-10, 10:37 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Location: South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, East of Harris Lake, NC

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
IMHO, This is one of the most beautiful paint schemes Nishiki ever made. A little dated in design, but very striking without being overstated. Too bad I can't find one. This scheme was used on this bike and an earlier, different model (the name escapes me for now). And you've got a beautiful example. Treasure it.
If I ever get one of these, it will replace my Prestige and I'll never let it go.
Congrats.
Originally Posted by SillyRabbit
Finally got some pictures of my 1987 Nishiki Modulus. Serial Number: WG13755

Old 05-06-10, 07:47 AM
SillyRabbit
Mayor of Bonk Town.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by roccobike
IMHO, This is one of the most beautiful paint schemes Nishiki ever made. A little dated in design, but very striking without being overstated. Too bad I can't find one. This scheme was used on this bike and an earlier, different model (the name escapes me for now). And you've got a beautiful example. Treasure it.
If I ever get one of these, it will replace my Prestige and I'll never let it go.
Congrats.
It was this paint scheme that first caught my eye when i stumbled upon it on my local CL. I got it for an incredible deal and to my surprise everything was original, even the cables and housing. I was lucky to find such a bike in such a condition. I don't think i could ever let it go!
Old 05-14-10, 06:47 PM
firenbones

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love my blue-and-white Nishiki Sport - I believe it's an '87. I'll check the serial # and see.

And when I opened up my Dick's Sporting Goods circular in the Sunday paper ... it was cool to see Nishiki bikes back in America:
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=3807058
Old 05-15-10, 11:20 AM
TrannyDan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nishiki Sport - Serial#: GC73/561

The Serial Number is GC73/561; that's what I get off the bike anyways.

I believe it to be a late 80s Sport Model; the badge and paint scheme would suggest as such.

It has:

- Shimano Light Action S.I.S Stem Shifters, FD and RD.

- Sugino VP Crank.

- Dia-compe side pull brakes and levers. (Stamped Manufacturer Date: 11/86)

- Araya 27" x 1 1/4" Rims laced to Joytech QR hubs.

- 4130 Chro-moly Main Tubes (At least thats what the graphics say on the seat tube).

- "Champion" Stamped Drop-Bars.

It is my first road bike ever after many horrible wal-mart bikes growing up. I have fallen in love with bicycling and I am extremely happy to have this as my first bike; even though I know this is the bottom barrel model for Nishiki.

Any Suggestions? I want to replace the saddle, replace the wheels and tires, and brake pads already.

If I am missing anything, please inform me.
Old 05-22-10, 03:00 PM
seneca25

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just purchased a Nishiki cruiser style bike at a sale this morning. The serial number is KS136746. Based on the information I found here, I know this was a pre-1975 bike. I also peeled California bike license's down to 1975. The original Nishiki model sticker in under the layers of license's. There are at least two more layers of license-it appears. I want to get to the model, but kinda like the nostalgia of the 1975 cali license! I would love to get more info on this bike. Is it a Nishiki frame that someone modified with the cruiser handlebars? It is a five speed, has cool fenders, sun tour components with shifter on the stem, Dia Compe on the brakes and handlebars, and an American Eagle sticker on the frame. the frame is dark green. I'm super excited about this bike. I went to a swap, looking for a town bike, and as I tried to work through the crowd, I could see all the pretty, shinny bikes being taken and by the time I got to the cruisers, this bike was one of few left-a diamond in the rough, covered in dust. I paid $70, and figure I'll have to put up to $50, and some elbow grease and spit shine into her. I would love to know more about this bike if anyone has any infomation or just speculation! Thanks
Old 05-22-10, 03:30 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TrannyDan

I believe it to be a late 80s Sport Model; the badge and paint scheme would suggest as such.

It has:

- Sugino VP Crank.

- 4130 Chro-moly Main Tubes (At least thats what the graphics say on the seat tube).

It is my first road bike ever after many horrible wal-mart bikes growing up. I have fallen in love with bicycling and I am extremely happy to have this as my first bike; even though I know this is the bottom barrel model for Nishiki.

Any Suggestions? I want to replace the saddle, replace the wheels and tires, and brake pads already.

That serial number looks weird, probably GC737561 and the second 7 didn't stamp in as well as it should have, or got paint filled.
Old 05-30-10, 07:25 AM
MERK

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any ideas on a Nishiki Conquest Mountain bike? Serial number (on bottom bracket) starts with SCXX XXXX. No other components to go on, I got it as a frame only....
Old 05-31-10, 09:22 PM
aalex440

Bikes: Nishiki Tri-A (1985), Giant Talon (2007)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nishiki Tri-A

Hi, I just scored a Tri-A with S/N: NL000137
which I don't understand since L > J. Any clues I might have missed as to the year of manufacture? I'll post the hardware at some later date.
Old 05-31-10, 09:46 PM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Roubaix, Giant OCR-C, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 84 Nishiki Medalist

It's a 1987. The downtube decal and the brakes say so. The Sport was an entry level model, but by 1987 it was a pretty decent bike. The index 12 speed adds value to the bike. Nice find. I'd make one change, I'd replace the old style brake levers with aero brake levers to increase my braking power and give the bike a cleaner look.
Originally Posted by TrannyDan

It has:

- Sugino VP Crank.

Old 06-01-10, 01:37 AM
aalex440

Bikes: Nishiki Tri-A (1985), Giant Talon (2007)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aalex440
Hi, I just scored a Tri-A with S/N: NL000137
which I don't understand since L > J. Any clues I might have missed as to the year of manufacture? I'll post the hardware at some later date.
Hardware is just stock Shimano 600 Groupset. I found the date codes on it and they're all from c. mid 1985, so I'm assuming that's the year of manufacture.

Picture
Old 06-01-10, 09:12 AM
WalkLock

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pre-1975 Nishiki International - year?

Hi there - new to the thread.

My neighbors gave me a great old Nishiki International 10-speed that I fixed up and now use as my daily commuter. It's a fantastic bike.

I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out the year it was made. I can tell it is pre-1975 (it has the 'KS' designation in the serial number), but I'm hoping that other clues can help pinpoint the year.

The serial number is KS321324. The word 'Nishiki' is printed in bamboo lettering and the word 'International' is printed in a stylized italic script. SunTour components.

Here are a few pictures of the bike:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/...5e465b8cd3.jpg
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1275/...949ca3a70b.jpg
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/...a394dec024.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/...a9531a7a4c.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/...83580c6cea.jpg

thanks for your help!

WL
Old 06-01-10, 10:12 AM
roccobike
Bike Junkie

Originally Posted by WalkLock
Hi there - new to the thread.

My neighbors gave me a great old Nishiki International 10-speed that I fixed up and now use as my daily commuter. It's a fantastic bike.

I'm hoping that someone can help me figure out the year it was made. I can tell it is pre-1975 (it has the 'KS' designation in the serial number), but I'm hoping that other clues can help pinpoint the year.

The serial number is KS321324. The word 'Nishiki' is printed in bamboo lettering and the word 'International' is printed in a stylized italic script. SunTour components.

Here are a few pictures of the bike:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/...5e465b8cd3.jpg
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1275/...949ca3a70b.jpg
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1302/...a394dec024.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4066/...a9531a7a4c.jpg
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/...83580c6cea.jpg

thanks for your help!

WL
I can't give you the definitive answer, but I can tell you that the decals and the shifter are identical to my 1974 International, however my 74 is white. That may not mean anything because Nishiki may have manufactured them in two or more colors that year.
The best way to tell what year it is, and the method I used to determine I have a 74, is to look on the backside of both derailers. You should find a two letter date code. Then take those two letter codes and look them up on vintage-trek.com under the components section. That will allow you to decifer the year the bike was manufactured or for that matter, the year any bike was manufactured provided it has the original derailers.
Old 06-06-10, 07:33 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3091 Post(s)
Liked 6,601 Times in 3,785 Posts
I recently picked up this Nishiki Sport. When trying to ID the model year, the serial number doesn't seem to follow the standard patterns. All numbers with no letters. The only numbers I find are on the BB with nothing on either rear drop out.

Also, what does WTA stand for?

Last edited by cb400bill; 06-06-10 at 11:21 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.