Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Pictures of your Folding bikes

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-05, 05:39 PM
53-11_alltheway
"Great One"

Location: Might as well be underwater because I make less drag than a torpedoE (no aero bars here though)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Let's see your Folding bikes....(even pictures of them folded up too if you want)
Old 04-17-05, 07:55 PM
cheg

Bikes: 2020 Thompson Randonneur, 2008 Davidson Custom Titanium, 2012 Custom Seven Steel Tandem, 1981 Shogun Touring Bike, 1974 Raleigh International

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 53-11_alltheway
Let's see your Folding bikes....(even pictures of them folded up too if you want)
"Road" version:

"Mountain" version:

Here's some more.
Old 04-18-05, 09:18 AM
hubs
@#$% cars

Bikes: '02 Schwinn Frontier;'03 Fisher Tiburon; '04 Raleigh Companion; 04 Dahon SpeedPro; 69 Raleigh Sport fixed

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's mine.
Old 04-18-05, 02:42 PM
dannyg1 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Here's one I've been playing around with:
Old 04-18-05, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Here's mine from my tour:

Old 04-18-05, 10:58 PM
ruchai

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I have a Halfway single speed and a 7 speed. Also an old 16" Dahon. I like the Halfway 7 speed the most.
Old 04-19-05, 07:55 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Apologies to those that've seen this like *a million times*; but who can resist a bit of bike-pr0n™...

Here's my recently completed Raleigh Twenty restoration/hotrod project. Since taken I've upped the gears from a black shimano 52t chainring —>18t sprocket to a silver Racelight 54t chainring —>16t sprocket which gives a bit more lovely speed. The Black Sidewalls on the rims have rubbed off now having done just over 200 miles on my daily commute and a few shopping trips/days out. It's not exactly much smaller when folded but hey - it lives in the yard anyway...

and here it is with it's sister (who's saving up for a facelift...)

Last edited by LittlePixel; 04-20-05 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-19-05, 05:09 PM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Bikes: Raleigh Twenty, Puch 3 speed road conversion, lookin' into a Karate Monkey for a cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Current incarnation of my Twenty... thinkng about getting a B67 saddle for it... I'll save the Conquest for when I get another road bike running when I settle down somewhere besides... LA. Had to mount the shifter to the stem column... no room on the bars. OH OH OH, why can't we have thumb shifters SRAM??? What gives.
Old 04-19-05, 07:40 PM
cheg

Bikes: 2020 Thompson Randonneur, 2008 Davidson Custom Titanium, 2012 Custom Seven Steel Tandem, 1981 Shogun Touring Bike, 1974 Raleigh International

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
That's nice. 406 front, 451 rear wheel, right? Are those Primo Comet tires?
Old 04-20-05, 08:05 AM
pilotpat
Lost in Greece

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://groups.msn.com/bicyclingforum...&PhotoID=10031
Old 04-20-05, 08:17 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I like the new bars.. They look comfy!
How's she riding? Done many miles yet?

Originally Posted by robertsdvd
Had to mount the shifter to the stem column... no room on the bars. OH OH OH, why can't we have thumb shifters SRAM??? What gives.

Maybe you could get BikeFriday or your LBS to split the bars so you could put the SRAM shifter on from the centre? It is a pain they don't do thumb shifters. Maybe the technology for hubs doesn't allow it?

Judging by the weighting of posts on this thread the Twenty Mafia are clearly proud of their machines!
Old 04-20-05, 08:22 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Bikes: Raleigh Twenty, Puch 3 speed road conversion, lookin' into a Karate Monkey for a cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cheg
That's nice. 406 front, 451 rear wheel, right? Are those Primo Comet tires?
Yes indeedy on all counts...
Old 04-20-05, 08:27 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LittlePixel
I like the new bars.. They look comfy!
How's she riding? Done many miles yet?

Maybe you could get BikeFriday or your LBS to split the bars so you could put the SRAM shifter on from the centre? It is a pain they don't do thumb shifters. Maybe the technology for hubs doesn't allow it?

Judging by the weighting of posts on this thread the Twenty Mafia are clearly proud of their machines!
The bars are pretty comfy... I've ridden about 35 miles in a day and that's a little more than I can tolerate both on my arse and on my hands... I do generally zip by most people on the paths in LA here - roadie or otherwise... average cruising speed on her is about 16-18mph... but by the 20th mile I'm in a some discomfort... either it needs a wider saddle -- which I'd probably end up riding more upright with (and thus possibly hurt my knee more) or have been considering, going to the old standby - the drop bar in front. I'm a tinkerer that's for sure. If I get a 25.4 drop bar, all I'd need is the bars and the brakes so it'd cost less than a saddle for sure. Tinker Tinker Tinker.

Oh, miles so far... probably only about 90-100mi... I only get a ride in on the weekend... stupid work, stupid LA... can't commute to work by bike.. 35 miles one way through two valleys... one more month, one more month.
Old 04-21-05, 04:24 PM
spambait11
Señor Mambo

Bikes: TST roadie, Cannondale CAAD 3, Surly Karate Stokemonkey Leap, Tern Cargo Node, Helix Alfine; 36er and 29er Triton Unicycles; a couple Bike Fridays; one Brompton; RadPower Radburro

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
Brompton:
Old 04-21-05, 05:47 PM
pilotpat
Lost in Greece

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let's try this with a real attachment. Here it is put together:
Old 04-21-05, 05:50 PM
pilotpat
Lost in Greece

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
And here it is packed (the wheels are behind the fabric spacer in the suitcase).
Old 04-22-05, 07:43 AM
andygates
Just riding

Bikes: Cannondale Bad Boy / Mercian track / BOB trailer / Moulton recumbent project

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my new toy: based around a cheap folder from the dump, with a fixed-wheel (built crow's foot just *because*):

Here's that spoke lacing in closeup:

Stupidly small sprocket!

And the folded size. Yes, I think it's actually *bigger* folded!

It needs a little work yet: a longer seatpost, some sort of low-profile lockring, some funky decals. But it's pretty much done at last.
Old 04-25-05, 07:51 AM
James H Haury
Hauja

Bikes: not as many but still too many

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andygates
Here's my new toy: based around a cheap folder from the dump, with a fixed-wheel (built crow's foot just *because*):

Here's that spoke lacing in closeup:

Stupidly small sprocket!

And the folded size. Yes, I think it's actually *bigger* folded!

It needs a little work yet: a longer seatpost, some sort of low-profile lockring, some funky decals. But it's pretty much done at last.
It looks like an old raliegh twenty.What does the term "built crow's Foot " Mean?How do you like the powergrips compared to clips and straps? .Does the livewrong wristband mean you are a partier?Or perhaps you could not obtain a live strong wrist band. Will I ask more questions?I have a Dahon classic 3 that is converted to a fixed wheel .The wheels are ony 16 inch though, it is broadly similiar .It is very useful for winter riding.

Last edited by James H Haury; 04-25-05 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-25-05, 08:08 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll jump in... crow's foot is a spoke lacing pattern. I don't know what that is (I know its a bike though! yay for me)... but that's not a twenty. Looks pretty slick though... that isn't the stock qr at the handlebars is it? Did you rig something up yourself?
Old 04-25-05, 09:58 AM
andygates
Just riding

Bikes: Cannondale Bad Boy / Mercian track / BOB trailer / Moulton recumbent project

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's not a Twenty: it's a brandless cheap folder from the tip. A Harrogate Cycles "Coronet", I think, before I had the decals off. Real bargain-basement, three-speed, something your gran would ride stuff direct from the Shanghai Random Welding Company. The frame actually sags when I sit on it, so I may upgrade to a Twenty skeleton sooner than I thought!

Crow's foot is indeed a spoke pattern: if you look, you'll see the spokes are in groups of three with one going forward, one radial and one going back. It's just me playing - though it is supposed to be hellishly strong.

As for the QRs, the collar on the handlebar is stock but the lever isn't. I bought two seat collars, and bodged the lever from the other - which is nice and sexy and has a consistent look - into the stock collar, which was the right size to grip the bars. I did try clever things with the second seat collar shim, but they weren't happening in any nice way.

The Power Grips are weird. They hold you fine if you're just stomping the pedals, but if you pull up, they let your feet lift and twist out. Fine for getting around town, where normal shoes is more important than perfect pedalling motion.

As for Livewrong, it just suits my worldview... the bike might even get Livewrong decals
Old 04-26-05, 06:08 AM
14R 
Bromptonaut

Bikes: 1994 Diamond Back Racing Prevail ti; Miyata 914, Miyata 1000, 2017 Van Nicholas Chinook

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...chmentid=23199

I'll get more decent pictures of both my halfways soon.

Rafael
Old 04-26-05, 08:47 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Saw this nice Twenty on the FixedGear Gallery. (ok so it's not a folder but of interest to some I'm sure:

https://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2005...dker_adker.htm

Old 04-26-05, 08:52 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Saw this nice Twenty on the FixedGear Gallery. (ok so it's not a folder but of interest to some I'm sure):

https://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2005...dker_adker.htm

Old 04-26-05, 10:43 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now that's a slick looking ride.
Old 04-26-05, 11:55 AM
Dahon.Steve

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by robertsdvd
Now that's a slick looking ride.
Agreed.

A lot of nice looking folders on this forum. I hope to post mine this weekend.

I notice alot of people restored their "Twenty" because these were HEAVY folders. I tried to pick one up and it felt like 45 pounds! It's good to see these machines still in service.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.