Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ear protection when pumping tires

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ear protection when pumping tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-22, 01:10 PM
urbanknight
Over the hill

Bikes: Giant Defy, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 998 Post(s)
Liked 1,206 Times in 692 Posts
Originally Posted by tomato coupe
Big Gravel vehemently denies this. Big Gravel would also like to remind you that we know where you live.
You'll never take me alive! Unless I'm wrong about skinny tires making me faster.
Old 07-07-22, 01:32 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked 486 Times in 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
Hey, try to follow the plot, please. It was the cop's fault. He was new to the force, and didn't know that Larry gets to, you know, break the law and stuff.
Look I try to have an understanding with the local police, I wave at all of them. I rub their back they run mine. They can ask me to report on or take care of cyclist related cases. Some nutjob ticketing me for little reason is ridiculous and I dont think I should have to fight it in court or pay it any heed. So im not. Ball is in their court
Old 07-07-22, 01:33 PM
m.c. 

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 111 Times in 62 Posts
lol
Old 07-07-22, 01:40 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3513 Post(s)
Liked 2,926 Times in 1,775 Posts
Originally Posted by LarrySellerz
Ball is in their court
And you soon will be...
Old 07-07-22, 02:06 PM
Reflector Guy

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito XE, Via Nirone 7, GT Aggressor Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 1,271 Times in 588 Posts
They can ask me to report on or take care of cyclist related cases.
We shall all breathe a little easier knowing you're on the case.
Likes For Reflector Guy:
Old 07-07-22, 02:32 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6969 Post(s)
Liked 10,966 Times in 4,691 Posts
Look I try to have an understanding with the local police, I wave at all of them. I rub their back they run mine. They can ask me to report on or take care of cyclist related cases. Some nutjob ticketing me for little reason is ridiculous and I dont think I should have to fight it in court or pay it any heed. So im not. Ball is in their court
Originally Posted by smd4
And you soon will be...
Beat me to it.

Originally Posted by Reflector Guy
We shall all breathe a little easier knowing you're on the case.
OJ called. Once you're done policing the local cyclists, he's hoping you can help find the real killer.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 07-07-22, 02:50 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
jokes on them I dont have a drivers license. I messed up and gave him my real info, and the penalty for not doing anything was 300$ according to the letter they sent me. Im not paying anything though no way, I was in the right.
You're trolling soooo hard it's beyond funny. Or...you're incredibly stupid. Or both.
Likes For cxwrench:
Old 07-07-22, 03:28 PM
tomato coupe

Bikes: Colnago, Van Dessel, Factor, Cervelo, Ritchey

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 3952 Post(s)
Liked 7,298 Times in 2,947 Posts
Look I try to have an understanding with the local police, I wave at all of them. I rub their back they run mine.
Be careful. If they ask you how much you charge for a back rub, it's a sting operation.
Likes For tomato coupe:
Old 07-07-22, 04:18 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by cxwrench
You're trolling soooo hard it's beyond funny. Or...you're incredibly stupid. Or both.
Dude I get this ridiculous letter in the mail asking me for ~250$ or to schedule a date in court, and if I dont do it they will charge an additional 300$. So crazy. I have no patience for nonsense like that, I didn't do anything wrong and im not going to sit here and pretend that going to court over something like this is justified. What are they going to do, arrest me? Doubtful. Like I said I didn't do anything wrong and the local police are my friends. The dude who cited me was clueless
Old 07-07-22, 04:23 PM
Rolla

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1346 Post(s)
Liked 3,270 Times in 1,439 Posts
Originally Posted by larrysellerz
what are they going to do, arrest me?
fafo
Old 07-07-22, 04:40 PM
growlerdinky
Duke Ulysses

Bikes: An old orange one for dirt, and for the other stuff: a white one, a kinda mint green one, and a black one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 86 Posts
man you are dumb
Likes For growlerdinky:
Old 07-07-22, 05:18 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,437 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
This thread is like a rewrite of Alice in Wonderland.
With 10X stronger hallucinogens.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 07-07-22, 05:29 PM
m.c. 

Dude I get this ridiculous letter in the mail asking me for ~250$ or to schedule a date in court, and if I dont do it they will charge an additional 300$. So crazy. I have no patience for nonsense like that, I didn't do anything wrong and im not going to sit here and pretend that going to court over something like this is justified. What are they going to do, arrest me? Doubtful. Like I said I didn't do anything wrong and the local police are my friends. The dude who cited me was clueless
If this is real then you really don't understand how any of this works. The police don't prosecute the ticket, the city or district attorney does, when you don't show up a judge will sign a warrant. The police, even if they are your friends, will have no choice but to take you to jail if they see you and are aware there is an active warrant. If you would go talk to someone in the prosecutors office before the court date there's a good chance you can have it thrown out. The prosecutor can help you a lot. But if you ignore it no one will help you and you could end up with other charges added on. And end up in jail if your ignoring it angers the judge.
Old 07-07-22, 05:45 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by m.c.
If this is real then you really don't understand how any of this works. The police don't prosecute the ticket, the city or district attorney does, when you don't show up a judge will sign a warrant. The police, even if they are your friends, will have no choice but to take you to jail if they see you and are aware there is an active warrant. If you would go talk to someone in the prosecutors office before the court date there's a good chance you can have it thrown out. The prosecutor can help you a lot. But if you ignore it no one will help you and you could end up with other charges added on. And end up in jail if your ignoring it angers the judge.
Yeah i kinda figured that as long as im a good boy and don't get my name ran my the cops I should be fine.. eventually the fine should just go away right? The warrant wont last forever i bet. I mean i dont intend on spending many more years here. its too late for me to try and take care of the ticket according to the letter I got
Old 07-07-22, 05:48 PM
smd4

Bikes: 1989 Cinelli Supercorsa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 3513 Post(s)
Liked 2,926 Times in 1,775 Posts
I don’t think arrest warrants or fines go away. But keep thinking positive!
Likes For smd4:
Old 07-07-22, 05:49 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4259 Post(s)
Liked 1,361 Times in 943 Posts
Yeah i kinda figured that as long as im a good boy and don't get my name ran my the cops I should be fine.. eventually the fine should just go away right? The warrant wont last forever i bet. I mean i dont intend on spending many more years here. its too late for me to try and take care of the ticket according to the letter I got
https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/li...in-california/

A bench warrant issued in California does not expire. It is not deleted or removed after, say, five years. Rather, it remains in effect until:
  1. the person named in the warrant is apprehended or dies, or
  2. the warrant gets cleared (which is to say a judge recalls it).
Likewise, arrest warrants generally don’t expire until the person is apprehended or the court recalls the warrant.

BWs in California do not expire because, if they did, it would encourage bad and dishonest behavior. People subject to a warrant would spend a period of time avoiding a judge, or lying to a court, in order to escape arrest.

Last edited by njkayaker; 07-07-22 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-07-22, 05:50 PM
m.c. 

Yeah i kinda figured that as long as im a good boy and don't get my name ran my the cops I should be fine.. eventually the fine should just go away right? The warrant wont last forever i bet. I mean i dont intend on spending many more years here. its too late for me to try and take care of the ticket according the the letter I got
The warrant could go into a national database. Doesn't matter where you go you could be sent back there. The days are over where things go away or stay inside the local jurisdiction.

Thanks for the entertaining thread.
Old 07-07-22, 06:01 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts

I think you may be about to have fun with bench warrants.
Old 07-07-22, 06:03 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts

I just had to defend a guy who got picked up on a3 year old warrant for fta on a traffic ticket.
Old 07-07-22, 06:06 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10429 Post(s)
Liked 11,902 Times in 6,097 Posts
I got a ticket a few months ago for "failure to stop at a stopsign" when I didn't even do anything wrong, stopped most of the way, and it was this weirdo cop who must have been new to the force and doesn't know who I am. I have a good relationship with the woodside police department and this was out of pocket of them to do, so I ignored it. No way am I gonna pay. I asked another cop what would happen if I ignored it and he told me they would put a warrant out for my arrest, and I told him he was full of ****. Will the fine eventually go away? I heard medical debt expires after like 10 years
Guess what? He was right. You didn't stop. Even though EVERYBODY rolls stops in this state, it's STILL illegal.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 07-07-22, 06:10 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,437 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by m.c.
If this is real .
It is not.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 07-07-22, 06:10 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18419 Post(s)
Liked 15,560 Times in 7,332 Posts
If they ever start making new episodes of “Cops!” I’m going to watch with baited breath for the arrest of a drunk, topless cyclist wearing ear plugs.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 07-07-22, 06:18 PM
m.c. 

These, very entertaining, threads all have the same sort of theme going on in them. They remind me of Steve the lawnmower man, but with bicycles.
Old 07-07-22, 06:21 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
It is not.
It is real
Old 07-07-22, 06:33 PM
LarrySellerz

Originally Posted by genejockey
Guess what? He was right. You didn't stop. Even though EVERYBODY rolls stops in this state, it's STILL illegal.
Not to be weird but the average roadie around here has no idea how to interface with traffic when coming to a stop sign. I am very courteous to drivers in that I yield to everything and minimize the amount they have to slow down. Most roadies around here stop fully at stopsigns, which slows everything down, and the minority blows through them without being deliberate and often leave havoc in their wake. Im upset because he got me at 4 corners which is the #1 spot in woodside where cyclists have to be on their best behavior to "promote positive cager cyclist relations" or whatever the heck people spout, its the one intersection where cyclists really should take care. I was taking the intersection really slowly that day and he still found reason to stop me. I mean its a new transfer or something who didn't really know what was going on so I shouldn't be too upset with him but the situation was ridiculous.

Last edited by LarrySellerz; 07-07-22 at 06:37 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.