Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard 700x28C

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-21, 02:06 PM
SwatKat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello! Guess it has been talked a lot, but I've recently bought a Triban RC520 for the road bike trips (cca, 70-100 km each, under max 300 km so far). As the tires were a bit worn out, after a long search I bought a pair of Marathons (standard ones - Greenguard), 700x28C.
I know that the max pressure is 85psi but I'm in the 200lb (202-203) and the previous tires that came with the bike (the Decathlon ones, BTWIN Triban Resist Protect (also 700x28C) were rated min pressure around 85 psi (max 115). I used to keep them around 95-100 psi.
So, what do I do with the Marathons? Shoud I do the same or stick with the max pressure of 85 psi?
Thanks! (also, I've changes the inner tubes with Schwable ones too).
Old 05-09-21, 02:37 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,971 Times in 1,918 Posts
is that max rating for tubeless or with tube? The 700C 28 should be 110 psi rated.
Old 05-09-21, 02:42 PM
SwatKat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should arrice tomorrow and will double check if the markings mention tube/no tube
Old 05-09-21, 04:43 PM
63rickert

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 247 Posts
Schwalbe website says 80-110psi for that size and model.

First verify with a caliper the actual inflated width of tire. Schwalbe is pretty good about this but there are so many possible variables you do not know until you mount and measure. And tires stretch, so your optimum psi may change. If it is a real 28 then 85psi would be enough at your weight. If carrying baggage you will want more. 110psi would be enough to accommodate any practical load.
Old 05-09-21, 07:30 PM
SwatKat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, thanks! I've asked this question as I've read on multiple topics that the max presuure is 85 psi - maybe it applies to larger tires. And did not find on Schwalbe web more details. Thanks, I'll check the markings on the tire and see. I don't carry bags, just my belly, so to speak Planning on losing some weight though... Thank you!