Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Where do you serious riders store cell/wallet/keys while riding?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Where do you serious riders store cell/wallet/keys while riding?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-21, 07:23 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4733 Post(s)
Liked 1,532 Times in 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by SJX426
For most of my rides, which are less than 50 miles, I just throw the grey container on whatever bike I choose.
P1050274 on Flickr
P1050271 on Flickr
The paper towel is used to prevent the rattling of the loose stuff and something to wipe my hands on if the issue is chain related.
P1050272 on Flickr
Consider a pair of nitrile gloves instead.. to stop rattling and keep your hands clean.
Likes For Sy Reene:
Old 09-04-21, 11:46 AM
kahn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 690 Times in 396 Posts
Originally Posted by ShannonM
Hell, I haven't owned a car since 2018, and I don't even have a driver's license anymore...

--Shannon
Do they allow visitors to your nursing home?

Hey, I'm just reading a "thriller" novel where they talk about "Murder Mountain" where all the weed is grown!!!!
Old 09-04-21, 02:57 PM
ShannonM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked 430 Times in 286 Posts
Originally Posted by kahn
Do they allow visitors to your nursing home?

Hey, I'm just reading a "thriller" novel where they talk about "Murder Mountain" where all the weed is grown!!!!
Ironically, I work at a nursing home.

The whole "Murder Mountain" thing is mostly sensationalist BS. I spent 2 years "on the Hill," working on a farm. The only neighbors I was ever worried about were the bears, and even them, not much. The only thing we were really scared of was fire. When it's 115 degrees and 6% humidity, and then the wind starts blowing, and it's a 35 minute dirt-road drive to the highway, you tend to get a little bit nervous...

--Shannon
Likes For ShannonM:
Old 09-04-21, 05:23 PM
63rickert

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 331 Times in 247 Posts
A serious cyclist will have a soigneur who takes care of these things even before the cyclist thinks of them. If one is a humble domestique or gregario and lacks a personal soigneur, speak to your directeur sportif, he will instruct you.
Old 09-04-21, 06:04 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2582 Post(s)
Liked 5,639 Times in 2,921 Posts
Originally Posted by wjjones
I have taken my fanny pack out of mothballs, haha. It works great and it doesnt seem to garner any snickers (that I've noticed, anyway).

(I'll admit it's likely I wouldn't be considered a "serious rider" on this forum.)
I use a fanny pack when I run an errand to pickup or drop off stuff. Doesn’t make my upper back sweaty or interfere with cycling. Not concerned what other people think about what I wear, seriously and humorously.