Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bike collection display and workshop ideas

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bike collection display and workshop ideas

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-24, 10:21 PM
stoneageyosh

Bikes: Dave Tesch Model 100 Custom Reynolds 753 / Custom Panasonic built by Takao Ono (1973)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 94 Posts
From a racing standpoint a bike is/was a tool not a piece of art per se. Yeah, the high end stuff looks neat but it was function, tempered by affordability, that determined what you used.
As such I have never had more than three personal bikes. Now just two each for the wife and myself.
They are nice bikes. The newest is an early Colnago Carbone of my wife’s. Next is her ‘92 Tesch Model 100 with Art Stump fork crown. My ‘83ish Tesch 100, Dave’s first 753 frame, built while was at Masi, and the Panasonic built for me by Takao Ono in 1973.
So my bike room is pretty small with emphasis on what racers needed most, spare wheels.

Tools are in my tech support travel box with a slide out for the Campy tool set.

Cabinets hold larger parts and less frequently used/spare tools. Smaller parts are in large tackle boxes with small compartment boxes for fasteners and PITA small bits.
Tubulars are hanging inside door left of bench.

Tools on the bench reside in bottom of the box.
Old 04-17-24, 05:11 AM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2430 Post(s)
Liked 4,433 Times in 2,102 Posts
Originally Posted by stoneageyosh
From a racing standpoint a bike is/was a tool not a piece of art per se.
Says the fellow who has made his storage and workshop as clean and organized as a museum.

-Kurt

Old 04-17-24, 09:51 AM
stoneageyosh

Bikes: Dave Tesch Model 100 Custom Reynolds 753 / Custom Panasonic built by Takao Ono (1973)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 94 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Says the fellow who has made his storage and workshop as clean and organized as a museum.

-Kurt
Mostly because of limited space. Did have the advantage of having it tailored to what we had bike wise when it was built. I have a couple more benches that are similar and others that to put mildly are “not as orderly”.