Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area
Reload this Page >

Hed H3 Clincher for track race wheels?

Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 05:58 AM
borg

Bikes: Cervelo R3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have Trek T1 with the stock wheels, the Bontrager Select Track. I plan to do about 5-7 track days this season, about half on a real velodrome and the rest on a speedway. I am looking to step it up and get some aero race wheels, especially considering the championship races are mostly TT based. I picked up a pair of older Hed H3 Clinchers in good shape and was considering converting them to track. If not, I would probably sell the wheels, since on the road I am a PowerTap guy and wouldn't use the rear.

Would the Hed H3 Clincher make a good track race wheel set for me? Are they recommended for both TT and mass start race?
Old 03-02-09, 09:47 AM
dutret
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes lot's of people use them. Especially up front with a disc on the back. For the front you can just get a allen key skewer which is cheaper than the conversion kit.