Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Good Cop Bad Cop

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-23, 01:28 PM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
Good Cop Bad Cop

I understand, there are many long distant, rails to trails routes that are now being patrolled by the cops for their dusk to dawn curfews. As one who likes to get in some big miles in without messing with traffic, what should I do? I could ride by the light of the Moon or something like that so no one see me. What do you think?
Old 08-08-23, 10:23 PM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
I understand, there are many long distant, rails to trails routes that are now being patrolled by the cops for their dusk to dawn curfews. As one who likes to get in some big miles in without messing with traffic, what should I do? I could ride by the light of the Moon or something like that so no one see me. What do you think?
Do whatever you want. ETA so long as you’re following the golden rule.

Be respectful and feign ignorance if caught.
Likes For SkinGriz:
Old 08-09-23, 09:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
Ignore them and keep riding? If they really bug you just say you didn't know and ride on.
Old 08-10-23, 04:11 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
I once knew a guy who made up a foreign language (on the spot.) After a while, the cop gave up. Talk about Balls!
Old 08-10-23, 08:57 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
I am good. I have no need to talk about balls people talk about them plenty. Though good job on that person with that fake language I do appreciate that. Sadly some cops do not even understand simple basic English and they are American cops and they also can't even read body language maybe the local Dunkin Donuts menu...
Old 08-10-23, 09:08 PM
LesterOfPuppets
cowboy, steel horse, etc

Bikes: everywhere

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12778 Post(s)
Liked 7,695 Times in 4,084 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado Kid
Wow, I hadn't heard of that. I've ridden through the night a couple times on the Palouse to Cascades. I had my headlights blazing, blinding all the deer.
Old 08-10-23, 10:12 PM
Eyes Roll

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 49 Posts
#$%^&* am I reading?

If you do not want to be under cops' radar, bike riding is your safe bet. As a bike rider, you need no driver's license, no registration, no insurance, no DUI, da da da.
Old 08-11-23, 12:50 AM
SkinGriz
Live not by lies.

Bikes: BigBox bikes.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked 784 Times in 582 Posts
Originally Posted by Eyes Roll
#$%^&* am I reading?

If you do not want to be under cops' radar, bike riding is your safe bet. As a bike rider, you need no driver's license, no registration, no insurance, no DUI, da da da.
You can totally get a DUI on a bicycle.

Does it happen often? No. But is it legally possible? Yes.