Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Desire help determining brand of a bike frame

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-24, 07:08 PM
kevin1956murray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a single speed frame that has no decals, but does have a 'badge' label on the front of the steerer tube. The label/logo is a bold 'T', over a diamond shaped outline (see the pictures). Would anyone have an idea on what brand this frame might be? (Google lens tried valiantly, but came up short.)

Old 02-20-24, 07:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4357 Post(s)
Liked 3,995 Times in 2,666 Posts
My guess is Tomasso. They make low initial cost consumer direct bikes. Nothing exceptional but this looks generally rideable. I would adjust your saddle so it is within the limits on the saddle and ride it. In the future take photos of the drive side which is the side people want to see.
Old 02-21-24, 06:39 AM
kevin1956murray

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Drive side picture

The drive side has the same fixed gear type dropout.

Google image search does not seem to corroborate/confirm the suggestion of Tomasso, nor Tommaso. Even frames from pre-internet years show steerer tubes with logos different than this bike. I'm thinking maybe this is a homemade frame, or at least a homemade thin metal logo on the front.

Old 02-21-24, 08:10 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

That logo is familiar I have seen it somewhere but at least towards the front end it looks kind of like one of the Tommaso front ends. I am unsure I will have to think more on it and go through the rolodex and figure out what it is?
Old 02-21-24, 08:50 PM
Arrowana
Bike Sorceress

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 66 Posts
Parts wise, it is a frankenbike. I don't recognize the T logo, but I think the bike was probably identical to the Kent Fixie except for the decals and headbadge. It looks like they have the same brake levers and calipers, rear wheel, headset, seatpost, and seatpost clamp.
Likes For Arrowana:
Old 02-21-24, 10:38 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by Arrowana
Parts wise, it is a frankenbike. I don't recognize the T logo, but I think the bike was probably identical to the Kent Fixie except for the decals and headbadge. It looks like they have the same brake levers and calipers, rear wheel, headset, seatpost, and seatpost clamp.
It probably is a Kent "Fixie" re-looking at larger format and not focusing on the head badge. That badge looks crooked and beaten up and the other stuff was throwing me a bit like maybe it was a better frame than it let on. The cranks are upgraded (in a minor way) as well as someone used a quill adaptor to put some BMX style stem on it. Hopefully you got this thing for pennies or for free.

Why that person chose to remove the most functional brake and just leave the rear brake is beyond me especially when those brakes are so flexy they barely stop anyway.

Front wheel probably got mangled or stolen and they replaced it with something cheap. The wheel sticker I recognize I think form Sta-Tru which is likely better than a Kent wheel but mainly just a get you by sort of deal. The rear is probably the OEM.

I should really have looked at the blown up images on my desktop not on my little laptop would have helped show everything I was missing.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 02-29-24, 07:53 PM
bboy314

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked 742 Times in 385 Posts
It’s a Kent Thruster. $148 at Walmart.
Likes For bboy314: