Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Super excited... new frame is on the way

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 02:16 PM
donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I posted a few weeks ago about thoughts on a new frame... debating on building up a surly disc trucker or a soma ES... I had made the decision to go with the disc trucker based on how I plan to ride for a while... reading a few blogs and posts about touring helped seal the deal...

I put my surly 1x1 up for sale so I could afford the new frame to build up and today it sold... on the way home I stopped in at my LBS armed with knowledge of exactly how much I could get the frame for online ($400 shipped with a 1st timers 15% coupon and free shipping)... I asked the shop owner what he could do and told him where and how much he was competing with... we ended up at $432 out the door... and he'll swap my headset and star nut (only tools I don't have to build up a bike)... it should be here friday

I ordered the few odds and ends I'll need to have it built up (new chain, downtube stops etc) so by sunday I should be riding my new disc trucker

on a side note... surly has been leaking their 2014 offerings... I ended up making the decision to jump on the disc trucker still... but with the disc cross check (straggler) comming it made that a hard decision.
Old 07-23-13, 02:51 PM
PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Congrats. And remember, pix or it didn't happen!
Old 07-23-13, 04:13 PM
donalson
just pedal

Bikes: Surly Disc Trucker, trek 560

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
don't worry... i've always been a pic person even back in my dial up days lol...

it was a little sad to see the 1x1 go... but the LHD should fit me better and overall be more of what I want out of a bike right now...

next step will be to sell the sawyer frame so I can buy another bike so I can have balance once again (n+1 ;-)

Last edited by donalson; 07-23-13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 07-23-13, 05:51 PM
bbeasley
Cat 5 field stuffer

Bikes: Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Cool! Build pics
Old 07-24-13, 12:43 AM
Street Pedaler

Bikes: 2011 Trek Madone 5.2 (RIP), 2013 Trek Domane 5.9

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats! I've been looking at the LHD as a next bike. Looking forward to seeing yours