Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

I LOVE this bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 11:09 AM
TinyBear

Bikes: Giant Boulder SE, Giant Seek1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
I LOVE this bike

I love my Giant Boulder SE. I got it last summer and enjoyed it then but it needed a few things to work for me i guess. This summer after healing up over the winter i back on the bike and loving it more than last.

I KNOW i outa shape (well i guess i in shape round is a shape right LOL) and i getting winded going up hills i never knew were hills before. But the last two weeks rides i been having a blast.

Did a few things to my bike and i feel it works perfect for me now. Biggest upgrade i did was swap on a CHEAP $25 gell saddle. I know ya guys all say the big comfy squishy seats aint any good but this things working well for me (maybe once i get up to longer rides i will need something different but for now i riding relitivly pain free in the sit bones/surrounding areas department lol.

Then i got myself some bar ends to move my hands around as my right hand is kinda screwed up a bit from a work accident (bad things happen when ya have a suv sitting on your hand). So now i can move my hand around and keep blood flowing better so it does not go numb like it usually does.

And last thing i did was get a wireless Trek Computer. Its kinda nice seeing how far ya gone the temperature, your speed your average speed and such. I did not get the one with candace as i figure i get one of those when i eventually get myself a road bike. But for this bike this thing works just fine.

Heres some pics from todays ride shorter distance today but it was mostly off road with a few small logs and some FUN mogles to play with, and get this one hill that i could actually tell from sight was a hill lol.

Old 05-05-10, 11:14 AM
bautieri
Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
good to see you again Tiny Bear, I hope the riding continues to get better. Good luck and enjoy the ride
Old 05-06-10, 08:06 AM
Peter_C
I am the Snail~!

Bikes: 2010 TerraTrike Rover 8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Enjoy the riding!!