Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What’s up with Cervelo?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What’s up with Cervelo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-22, 12:24 PM
GhostRider62

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked 2,097 Times in 1,314 Posts
JonBoy highlights some of the concerns keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new Cervelo. I have needed a new seatpost for my 2016 S3 for a while, Cervelo should have had stock on such a proprietary part. The RD hanger is very delicate. I am now fighting a maddening creaking and do I want to cut my losses or buy a Hambini or Infinity BB? I probably only have 2-3,000 miles on the bike, it was rarely used.

Imagine buying a car and 4 years later, you cannot get a common part for it because it came with proprietary, completely nonstandard dimensions.
Old 06-08-22, 12:51 PM
JonBoy78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
JonBoy highlights some of the concerns keeping me from pulling the trigger on a new Cervelo. I have needed a new seatpost for my 2016 S3 for a while, Cervelo should have had stock on such a proprietary part. The RD hanger is very delicate. I am now fighting a maddening creaking and do I want to cut my losses or buy a Hambini or Infinity BB? I probably only have 2-3,000 miles on the bike, it was rarely used.

Imagine buying a car and 4 years later, you cannot get a common part for it because it came with proprietary, completely nonstandard dimensions.
I wanted to say that I also used the BBInfinite and it solved all of my problems in that part of the bike. I'm a fairly novice mechanic, but I had no real trouble getting it in there. I was going through a set of bearings every 3-6 months, and after that, once in 5-6 years with no creak. I was quite impressed with those guys.
Likes For JonBoy78:
Old 09-19-22, 02:23 PM
M Dodge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cervelo Paint Quality

My 2022 Caledonia 5 white paint oxidized after only 4 months. It developed light yellow blotches over the entire frame. Cervelo refused to do anything about the problem. My LBS rep was familiar with the problem as he had seen it with other frames. I've owned 3 Cervelos. There will not be a fourth.