Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fizik R1 shoe shrinkage

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Fizik R1 shoe shrinkage

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-21, 09:54 AM
Stormy85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Fizik R1 shoe shrinkage

Hi everyone

My experience with the Fizik R1 Infinto cycling shoe has been rather disappointing and was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue?
I managed to use them for about 2 months without any issues and they were good until they got soaked and now they are just really uncomfortable. I have tried soaking them in water and inserting some shoe trees. Didnt really work. I even tried heating them while having the shoe trees inside. But again no luck. They remain extremely tight and it feels like they have shrunk a whole size.

Anyone have the same experience and possible suggestions to remedy the issue?
Old 11-09-21, 10:51 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,868 Times in 3,013 Posts
Are these the Knit version by any chance? I don't have any experience of them, but just wondering for future reference. I have Fizik R4 Tempos and they haven't shrunk after multiple soakings.
Old 11-09-21, 10:56 AM
Stormy85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts
No, they are the regular black ones. I believe they are synthetic because while heating them up they got a little shiny.
I believe the toe cap in the front is the actual problem. But dont know exactly what material that is.
after getting wet it started wrinkling leaving a wave in the cap.