Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

shoes - small & wide

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

shoes - small & wide

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-11, 09:27 PM
puckett129

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
shoes - small & wide

I looked around in other threads, but could not find an answer....

I have extremely small feet, size 3.5 which are also very wide. I am back to cycling after almost 20 years out. I don't mind clips, but I want to go clipless... mainly because I want to get into local cyclocross and toe clips seem like a huge pain for something like that. I can't seem to find shoes that will fit. I have a set of egg beaters and a pair of Shimano MT21's in size 36 that are tight - especially in the toe box - but may break in. They are definitely wider than any other shoe I have tried.

Any suggestions?

Custom made may be the way to go, but I haven't had much luck with custom shoes for my other life activities so I'm not holding out hope for custom cycling shoes.
Old 01-29-11, 11:14 PM
531phile 
I'm Carbon Curious

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damn Dood or Doodette.

Try Lake shoes, I've read that they come in wide sizes. I got wide feet too. My choice in footwear is limited.
Old 01-30-11, 12:35 AM
puckett129

Bikes: 80's Treks, cargo bike, Lugged LeMond, Eddy Merckx 7-11, Ciocc resto-mod, All City MM disc, and some more

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah, I'm a dude. It's rough... I am 5'8" and 170. I was born with bilateral club feet which is the reason they are so small and screwed up. In my 30's it's tough to shop at the bottom of the "grade school" range for shoes.

I have heard Lake has wide shoes, but nothing on their site looks to be in stock and fits. I'll keep on hunting.

Thank you!