Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Wahoo mount for 26.0 handlebars?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-20, 04:30 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts

Apologies if this has been explored already, but wasn't finding anything in the forum search. I'm trying to see if there are any good options for a Wahoo mount on handlebars with a 26.0 clamp. I could always figure out a shim, but would prefer something more elegant if it's out there. Thanks y'all!
Old 07-27-20, 04:49 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6971 Post(s)
Liked 10,967 Times in 4,692 Posts
I recently ordered a couple extra Wahoo mounts for my other bikes, and was amazed that the "out front" mount does not come with a rubber shim for a 26.0 handlebar. Really disappointing.

'Course, then the new Wahoo computer stopped taking a charge, so now it's all a moot point.
Old 07-27-20, 05:08 PM
seau grateau

Yeah, I know it's not the most common bar size anymore, but I thought they'd at least throw a shim in the box.
Old 07-27-20, 05:12 PM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Have you tried looking at the K-Edge offerings?
Old 07-27-20, 06:18 PM
seau grateau

Originally Posted by dmanthree
Have you tried looking at the K-Edge offerings?
K-Edge doesn't seem to make one as far as I can tell. A friend pointed me toward KOM Cycling, who include shims with their mounts. Aside from that, I found one on Shapeways that looks like it might do the trick: https://www.shapeways.com/product/8X...bar-mount-26mm -- doesn't look like the most durable thing, but I might give it a shot.
Old 07-27-20, 06:18 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,086 Times in 1,181 Posts
Originally Posted by Koyote
I recently ordered a couple extra Wahoo mounts for my other bikes, and was amazed that the "out front" mount does not come with a rubber shim for a 26.0 handlebar. Really disappointing.

'Course, then the new Wahoo computer stopped taking a charge, so now it's all a moot point.
They usually provide a few shims, but as 26 is an extinct bar size can’t see why they would want to make a separate mount for that size. It’s really easy to just use a bunch of wraps of electrical tape.
Old 07-27-20, 06:49 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,930 Times in 2,555 Posts
I cut a piece of narrow inner tube so 18" long, wrap it around the HB, try the mount on it and just keep cutting an inch or two at a time until the fit is good.

I'm not just saying this. All my HBs are 25.4 or 26.0. Nevgr owned a 31.8. I've got an Element Bolt on my good bike right now. (This trick works for all oversized HB mounts. I just keep that length of tube with it's computer, light or what-have-you. For a neater look, you can cut the tube into a narrow strip just the width of the clamp. but that required more than twice the wraps. I used to do that but no longer.
Likes For 79pmooney:
Old 07-09-22, 05:22 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I cut a piece of narrow inner tube so 18" long, wrap it around the HB, try the mount on it and just keep cutting an inch or two at a time until the fit is good.

I'm not just saying this. All my HBs are 25.4 or 26.0. Nevgr owned a 31.8. I've got an Element Bolt on my good bike right now. (This trick works for all oversized HB mounts. I just keep that length of tube with it's computer, light or what-have-you. For a neater look, you can cut the tube into a narrow strip just the width of the clamp. but that required more than twice the wraps. I used to do that but no longer.
I just bought a Wahoo bolt 2 and I need a mount for a 25.4/26.0. The stem mount works with zip ties so it won't be easy to transfer from one bike to another. The out front mount is easy to move from bike to bike but it is compatible with 38.1 handlebars. This is a 2 year old thread but it is a good solution.

Post 5 above has some solutions as well as there are 3d party mounts with shims like this but may not be compatible with version 2 of the bolt,

https://www.amazon.com/Wahoo-Elemnt-...01G35DLQ0?th=1

Last edited by bikemig; 07-09-22 at 05:30 PM.