Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Minnesota!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from Minnesota!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-23, 06:19 AM
Adamdavidaudio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Hi from Minnesota!

Hey everyone!

Brand new member and fairly new biker here, I got my last bike in middle school, awesome mountain bike but not quite suitable these days.

I moved to Northeast Minneapolis this winter, and with yesterday being the first really nice day, decided it was time to start riding. I’d been looking for a few weeks at the local offerings (I’m working on a very tight budget), and found a great condition “Free Spirit FS3” at my local bike shop. While I understand it doesn’t get the best reputation here, it was super clean, came from my local bike shop with a full checkup and new brakes and tires, and was well under $100!

For cruising my neighborhood, getting to/from work, and making it to my local breweries, it’s perfect! Got a Kryptonite U-lock along with it, but leaving it in Minneapolis I’d still be a lot more nervous with something spendier.

Maybe after this first summer of riding I’ll look into something a little newer/fancier, but for now I’m happy as can be!
Old 04-09-23, 06:20 AM
Adamdavidaudio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
I’d also love to get to know a little more about this bike, I’ll make a post about it in the vintage forum and add some pictures once I’m able. Cheers!
Old 04-09-23, 07:00 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked 1,245 Times in 623 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
Ride much and Ride safe.