Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What's up with all the as#$&les in this forum?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-05, 01:22 PM
floatingchoner

Bikes: vt 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

There are a number of members on this forum that act like 6th grade children. They have formed a 'click' and if you are not in, they will gladly gang up on others who have not been accepted to their group. Making fun of people who are enjoying the exercise and freedom of riding their bikes is hardly a noble trait. I understand that many of you eat, drink, sleep, and probably do other stuff to the ideas and concepts of bicycles, but does it really make you feel better to ridicule others who may only make bicycling PART of their lives. I realize that cycling is a large part (and maybe the only part) of your lives. But the idea behind a fourm is to share ideas, develop new ones, offer assistance to others, and enjoy cycling culture. The idea is not to ridicule others from behind a computer screen to inflate you own ego's. Please leave them at the door, and don't bring them to the trial either. You are probably the guy on the trial who thinks he owns it, and it 'too cool' to say 'what's up.' This forum is hardly highly revered, but is a great forum for the most part. Please realize that your rudeness is detrimental to the comaraderie that this pastime is known for. Get over yourselves, because high school and junior high mentalities don't belong in adults. For all those who have fallen the victim to this bullshat.................F#@K EM AND KEEP RIDIN'!!
Old 10-21-05, 01:46 PM
Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by floatingchoner
For all those who have fallen the victim to this bullshat.................F#@K EM AND KEEP RIDIN'!!
Yeah. I hate those Junior High and High School attitudes as well.
Old 10-21-05, 01:51 PM
FarHorizon
Senior Curmudgeon

Bikes: Varies by day

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hi Floatingchoner!

You're right about cliques and folks wanting to bolster their egos at your expense. It is, unfortunately, the price of an "open" forum where anybody can post. Some folks have nothing better to do than look for opportunities to flame others.

Despite the juveniles on the bikeforums, there are also large numbers of VERY knowledgable bikers who are a virtual gold mine of information. Don't become discouraged by the obnoxious ones. The nuggets of info that can be mined from these forums are worth the hassle.

Keep on riding!
Old 10-21-05, 02:03 PM
Paul L.

Bikes: Mercier Corvus (commuter), Fila Taos (MTB), Trek 660(Got frame for free and put my LeMans Centurian components on it)

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The obnoxious ones normally don't stay around too long anyway in my observation. Just wait, the weather will change momentarily.
Old 10-21-05, 02:09 PM
webist
Huachuca Rider

Bikes: Fuji CCR1, Specialized Roubaix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This forum is hardly highly revered....
It is by me. Roadbikerider.com and BikeForums are my principle sources of out of saddle cycling information and entertainment. There is of course much which merits no regard. That's why I keep my hand on my mouse while browsing.
Old 10-21-05, 02:12 PM
floatingchoner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks.
I have never experienced anything but complete knowledge and helpfulness in this forum. Never been ripped, or belittled, or experienced anything negative. There are people who are willing to share their vast wealths of information, and that is what makes this such a wonderful forum. But I have read responses to posted pictures of people riding with huge smiles on thier faces. They might be riding 'pieces' but they are having fun. Certian members should let them have their fun.

As a responsible person, it is my duty to be the voice for others who are not heard. If there is wrongdoing, it is my moral obligation to make it know and try to do something about it. Many people are afraid to stand up against things they know are wrong, and it is too bad. I'm here to help out the little man, no questions asked.

Thanks for the support.
Old 10-21-05, 02:28 PM
snowy
Beauty Everywhere

Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What happened???
Old 10-21-05, 02:29 PM
Portis
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by snowy
What happened???
NOthing apparently. I read all of his other posts.
Old 10-21-05, 02:33 PM
snowy
Beauty Everywhere

Bikes: 2006 Giant Anthem, Specialized Dolce Elite 05

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh ok!!! Well if something did happen I'm sorry.
Old 10-21-05, 02:38 PM
floatingchoner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nothing happened to me. But it is my responsibility to bring this bullshat to light. How many posts have you read where someone gets ripped for asking a question that SEEMS obvious? Have you ever looked over a post where pictures are posted, and the replies are full of other members 'ripping' the gear or making fun of the bike? Nothing has happened to me, but it has to others. It is unfair that people are having laughs at the expense of others. I could not care in the least if some insecure individuals made fun of me. Others don't deserve this kind of treatment, and we need to stand up for them. Help out our fellow cyclists, and 'If you don't have something good to say(or write), don't say(or write) anything at all'
Old 10-21-05, 02:43 PM
hillyman
WALSTIB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 384 Times in 183 Posts
I wouldn't take it all so seriously. Different styles lead to different opinions.
Besides what was meant as a joke may have been taken as a slam to someone else.

Last edited by hillyman; 10-21-05 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-21-05, 02:45 PM
jfmckenna
Tiocfáidh ár Lá

Bikes: A whole bunch-a bikes.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 76 Posts

As a responsible person, it is my duty to be the voice for others who are not heard. If there is wrongdoing, it is my moral obligation to make it know and try to do something about it. Many people are afraid to stand up against things they know are wrong, and it is too bad. I'm here to help out the little man, no questions asked.
Superman? Is that you?

Dude just go easy. There are people in all walks of life waddaya gonna do?
Old 10-21-05, 03:09 PM
floatingchoner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not superman, but I am super easy, and super chill. There is no way that this increases my b.p. more than a quick pedal to the end of the driveway to get the mail. But I'm gonna call people on B.S. I can't do anything about it but bring it to light, in hopes of them cutting some people some slack. Thats all.
Old 10-21-05, 03:28 PM
cranky

Bikes: Trek 520, Vintage Peugeot, KHS Tandem, Dahon Uno

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I can certainly understand the frustration, I feel the same way.

But I've found for me that it works best just to ignore the trolls. I now have a mental list of posters I love to hate. Their posts can be good for laughs if you resolve yourself to just 'letting it go'. The hardest part is not replying and calling them on their crap. It's really tempting , but don't let them suck you into it. The more attention they get, the longer they stay.
Old 10-21-05, 03:32 PM
hi565
By-Tor...or the Snow Dog?

Bikes: Bianchi Cross Concept, Flyte Srs-3

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowy
Oh ok!!! Well if something did happen I'm sorry.

Yes it is ALL your fault snowy!
Old 10-21-05, 04:01 PM
Portis
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jfmckenna
Superman? Is that you?

Dude just go easy. There are people in all walks of life waddaya gonna do?
Actually I think it is Robin Hood.
Old 10-21-05, 04:37 PM
Rev.Chuck
The Red Lantern

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Scarlet Pimpernel was more of an underdog protector, Robin Hood was the creator of welfare
Old 10-21-05, 04:53 PM
ViciousCycle
Chicago Cyclist

Bikes: My frame is covered in reflective tape. After adding ridiculously large handlebars, a comfy seat, and enough carrying capacity to haul a Thanksgiving grocery run home, the manufacturer wouldn't recognize it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The idea is not to ridicule others from behind a computer screen to inflate you own ego's.
On the Internet, one has no flesh or bone. One has no teeth or hair. One has no voice nor even a handshake. One can't hold the door or share even a single piece of candy. Being an idiot, therefore, is one way of trying to be more real on the Internet.
Old 10-21-05, 10:21 PM
Nachoman
well hello there

Bikes: Bill Holland (Road-Ti), Fuji Roubaix Pro (back-up), Bike Friday (folder), Co-Motion (tandem) & Trek 750 (hybrid)

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 206 Posts
Come join me. I'm about to gang up on someone and make fun of them.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Old 10-21-05, 10:27 PM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
There are a number of members on this forum that act like 6th grade children. They have formed a 'click' and if you are not in, they will gladly gang up on others who have not been accepted to their group. Making fun of people who are enjoying the exercise and freedom of riding their bikes is hardly a noble trait. I understand that many of you eat, drink, sleep, and probably do other stuff to the ideas and concepts of bicycles, but does it really make you feel better to ridicule others who may only make bicycling PART of their lives. I realize that cycling is a large part (and maybe the only part) of your lives. But the idea behind a fourm is to share ideas, develop new ones, offer assistance to others, and enjoy cycling culture. The idea is not to ridicule others from behind a computer screen to inflate you own ego's. Please leave them at the door, and don't bring them to the trial either. You are probably the guy on the trial who thinks he owns it, and it 'too cool' to say 'what's up.' This forum is hardly highly revered, but is a great forum for the most part. Please realize that your rudeness is detrimental to the comaraderie that this pastime is known for. Get over yourselves, because high school and junior high mentalities don't belong in adults. For all those who have fallen the victim to this bullshat.................F#@K EM AND KEEP RIDIN'!!
Listen you stupid idiot, learn to spell and stop whining. You probably don't ride enough, that's the problem. I put in over 900 miles a week and I bet you're too skinny and weak to keep up with me when I'm averaging over 25mph on my commute.
Nachoman, your turn!
Old 10-21-05, 10:27 PM
ovoleg