Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

New Old Stock Giants

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

New Old Stock Giants

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-21, 01:10 PM
tplace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Old Stock Giants

I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that might still have 2019 or 2020 Giant Fastroad SL1's in stock.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-23-21, 01:17 PM
ClydeClydeson

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked 921 Times in 518 Posts
Originally Posted by tplace
I was wondering if anyone knows of a shop that might still have 2019 or 2020 Giant Fastroad SL1any bikes in stock.
Thanks in advance!
ftfy
Likes For ClydeClydeson:
Old 06-23-21, 01:18 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6198 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
Doesn't Giant's web site have a search to look for dealers that are still showing stock? Most all the big names in bicycle's are doing that. And some even go several year models back showing NOS.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 06-23-21, 01:49 PM
tplace

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
Doesn't Giant's web site have a search to look for dealers that are still showing stock? Most all the big names in bicycle's are doing that. And some even go several year models back showing NOS.
I've looked on their site but couldn't find anything like that.
Old 06-23-21, 02:00 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6198 Post(s)
Liked 4,816 Times in 3,323 Posts
Originally Posted by tplace
I've looked on their site but couldn't find anything like that.
I just took a look. For the USA site they do have that feature, but since the 2020 Fastroad SL is apparently not shown as in stock by any of their dealers, then it's not apparent that they will show you where there is a bike. In this case they can't cause they don't know either.

Look at the 2021 FastRoad SL 3. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/fastroad-sl-3-2021

Select a size. I chose medium, local pickup blah blah blah. Underneath it shows where they have available bikes of that size in stock and how far they are from what they think your location is.

Call before you drive all that way though. No guaranty the inventories reported by stores are that exact or that it won't be gone by the time you get there.

Last edited by Iride01; 06-23-21 at 02:06 PM.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 06-23-21, 03:40 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,701 Times in 2,521 Posts
Since you didn't set your location, I'm going to assume you are in the U.S. The chances that there is a bike shop that has a bike of that vintage is slim to none. If you find one, I would really like to hear about it though.
If it was a bike that cost over $2k, you might have a chance.
Old 06-24-21, 12:12 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Sorry I just had to laugh, I shouldn't laugh at those who have been stuck under a rock for at least the past year but I just can't help myself. I use laughter to get out of tough spots and we are in a tough spot right now.

It is extremely rare you will find a bike period, all the warehouses have been cleaned out a long time ago and it is generally the good dealers who will be getting whatever bikes they can get whenever they can get them. Some bikes may not show till 2022 or later due to everything that is going on. If you do see a bike, you gotta buy it (assuming it fits decently enough) you may not see that bike again in that shop for a long time. People who want to shop around are getting screwed out of bikes now it is grab whatever you can immediately or wait 160-360+ days for something new.