Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Seattle Bike Swap 2/11/23

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Seattle Bike Swap 2/11/23

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-23, 02:34 PM
RustyJames 

Bikes: You had me at rusty and Italian!!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 545 Posts
Super long shot but if there is a brake lever (steel, Legnano branded) for my Condorino bars pleez grab.
Old 02-07-23, 04:15 PM
bulgie 
blahblahblah chrome moly

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked 2,576 Times in 1,076 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
If RiddleOfSteel (or anyone else!) has a frameset that would be a candidate for 650b conversion, 62-ish by 59-ish for seat tube and top tube, I'd be all-ears. Especially if the tubing is nice. I'm looking for a Gugificazione project in the coming year.
Would you consider a 65 cm PX-10 (around 1970, Nervex Pro lugs) if it was free? I know it fits 650b x 42 mm tires, checked it already. 531 DB throughout, chrome on rear stays is good, I think (not looking at it right now). It was damaged, repaired by me, pretty sure it's 100% fine at the repair site, not going to break there again, details if interested. Repair site looks perfect from the outside, after repaint you won't be able to tell it was repaired.

The 65 cm might be a deal-breaker though eh?

I'll extend the same offer to any BF'er who can come pick it up in Seattle, if mhespenheide decides to pass. It comes with no fork, but I have a cool Soma Champs Elysees fork with canti posts at 650b height, all-chrome, 1" (English) steerer is long, threadless, large rake (low trail). Pretty sure it's about the same height as the original fork, so it won't cause much if any TT slope. Fork is NOS, unused. I'll sell the fork for what I paid, about $200 I think. Maybe they still sell that fork, see it here, but the Purchase button doesn't work so I don't know if they have any. This one has a wide crown, so you could use a 48 mm tire in front with fender, wider without fender of course. Or it looks great with 42 mm tire. Which is about the max clearance on the frame, width between chainstays being the choke point.

Sorry I don't have pictures of the completed repair yet, because I only just this second decided to give the frame away. Will dig it out of my basement pile for a serious enquiry, but please don't ask if you're not seriously considering it — my house is currently a construction zone (minor remodel in progress) and the PX-10 has piles of stuff in front of it that will need to be moved.

Why free? I happen to have two PX-10 frames right now, both the same size and about the same year, and I'm going to keep the better-looking one. I don't feel like I can charge anything for this repaired frame with the ruined paint, but I think it's a good candidate for Gugificazione. After you pay for a new paint job, it'll be worth about what the paint cost.

Mark B

Last edited by bulgie; 02-07-23 at 04:34 PM.
Likes For bulgie:
Old 02-07-23, 05:49 PM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by bulgie
Would you consider a 65 cm PX-10 (around 1970, Nervex Pro lugs) if it was free? I know it fits 650b x 42 mm tires, checked it already. 531 DB throughout, chrome on rear stays is good, I think (not looking at it right now). It was damaged, repaired by me, pretty sure it's 100% fine at the repair site, not going to break there again, details if interested. Repair site looks perfect from the outside, after repaint you won't be able to tell it was repaired.

I'll extend the same offer to any BF'er who can come pick it up in Seattle, if mhespenheide decides to pass. It comes with no fork, but I have a cool Soma Champs Elysees fork with canti posts at 650b height, all-chrome, 1" (English) steerer is long, threadless, large rake (low trail). Pretty sure it's about the same height as the original fork, so it won't cause much if any TT slope. Fork is NOS, unused. I'll sell the fork for what I paid, about $200 I think. Maybe they still sell that fork, see it here, but the Purchase button doesn't work so I don't know if they have any. This one has a wide crown, so you could use a 48 mm tire in front with fender, wider without fender of course. Or it looks great with 42 mm tire. Which is about the max clearance on the frame, width between chainstays being the choke point.

Sorry I don't have pictures of the completed repair yet, because I only just this second decided to give the frame away. Will dig it out of my basement pile for a serious enquiry, but please don't ask if you're not seriously considering it — my house is currently a construction zone (minor remodel in progress) and the PX-10 has piles of stuff in front of it that will need to be moved.

Why free? I happen to have two PX-10 frames right now, both the same size and about the same year, and I'm going to keep the better-looking one. I don't feel like I can charge anything for this repaired frame with the ruined paint, but I think it's a good candidate for Gugificazione. After you pay for a new paint job, it'll be worth about what the paint cost.

Mark B
Are those measured CTT? Not sure if the 62cm spec is CTC, which would put it real close to what he's looking for. Perhaps the TT length is more critical to Mark H.

Just realized, Mark-Mark-Mark!
Old 02-07-23, 05:59 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,388 Times in 3,673 Posts

Mark B
PM sent.
Old 02-07-23, 08:17 PM
Andy Antipas 

Bikes: too many old steel bikes

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked 938 Times in 176 Posts
winner winner chicken dinner!

Originally Posted by Andy_K
You got the Urago. I thought that made you the winner then, but I was even more certain after I saw what you did with it.
AndyK I also bought your Pinarello Gran Tourismo at the same time. Winner Winner Chicken dinner!

My view is that we all won that day! We are fortunate enough to be able to indulge in our hobby and share our joint passion at events like the swap meet and after party!

Thank you for the kind words about the Urago. I enjoy riding (a lot!), but I also get a lot of pleasure (like many on this forum) giving old bikes a new lease on life, which allows me to put my artistic spin on them.

I won't be able to make the Seattle bike swap, but I hope I will get to see some of my C&V friends sometime in 2023 (fingers crossed!), and maybe some more bicycle horse trading will occur!
Likes For Andy Antipas:
Old 02-08-23, 01:51 AM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked 325 Times in 211 Posts

Mark B
I would absolutely consider it, but can I ask how long the top tube is? The PX-10 tend to be long (the very opposite of Raleighs of that era!) and I think the 63's had a ~60cm top tube, so I worry that a 65 might be even longer.

And thank you for the kind offer. It's cool just to be interacting with you, here, when I've read so many of your posts on the iBob list over the years.
Old 02-08-23, 01:57 AM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 6,488 Times in 3,211 Posts
Originally Posted by gugie
we have a musical in Portland that evening.
Springtime for Hitler?
Old 02-08-23, 10:11 AM
gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by surferrosa
springtime for hitler?
Ha!
Old 02-08-23, 11:04 AM
Mr. 66

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1143 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 966 Posts
Originally Posted by RustyJames
Super long shot but if there is a brake lever (steel, Legnano branded) for my Condorino bars pleez grab.
Legano hubs on Fiame Blue label rims can be available...
Old 02-08-23, 11:11 AM
Mr. 66

Originally Posted by Roger M
Thomas and I are on the fence at this point. I am looking for a 9/10/11 speed Italian wheelset, so maybe that is motivation to go..

Please keep the thread updated on the lunch gathering plan.
I have these that will be available, I have them on my touring bike. I don't know the designation of the brand. The Fir rims are sweet

Old 02-08-23, 04:15 PM
Roger M
Banned.

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 469 Post(s)
Liked 2,443 Times in 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. 66
I have these that will be available, I have them on my touring bike. I don't know the designation of the brand. The Fir rims are sweet

Thanks for the offer. Really nice looking wheels.

I am looking for a box section/lower profile rim though.
Old 02-10-23, 01:06 PM
Mr. 66

Pictures or it didn't happen, the Legano. I don't have the correct skewers. Not bad, definitely has some use to them. I can swing these by

The front is really nice in bearings and rim/track. The back that has slight ripples going around. Not real bad, you can probably see the worst of spot on the second to last picture.
Old 02-10-23, 06:22 PM
RustyJames 

Mr. 66 Interested. PM me…
Old 02-10-23, 11:02 PM
mhespenheide 

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, LeMond Victoire, Bianchi Campione d'Italia, Kona Hei Hei, Ritchey Ultra, Schwinn "Paramount" PDG, '83 Trek 640

I'm in for McMenamin's if anyone else is. The swap runs until two, but I don't imagine I need that long. One?
Old 02-11-23, 08:33 AM
RustyJames 

Any Oregon facilitators that could help a guy out? I’m hoping someone has room to haul the Legnano wheels ^^ to the Portland area.

Alternately, I could travel a bit north in the next couple ‘o days if someone is south of Seattle.

Muchas gracias.

Jim
Likes For RustyJames:
Old 02-11-23, 11:11 AM
Bogester 

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 414 Times in 125 Posts
Originally Posted by mhespenheide
If RiddleOfSteel (or anyone else!) has a frameset that would be a candidate for 650b conversion, 62-ish by 59-ish for seat tube and top tube, I'd be all-ears. Especially if the tubing is nice. I'm looking for a Gugificazione project in the coming year.
I’ve got a nice 62 chrome Vent Noir II currently set up as a fixed gear that I haven’t ridden in months that I’d let go. It’s been a road bike and a 650b bike in previous years. I live in Wallingford if you want to see it. I’m in “less stuff mode”so I won’t be going to the meet and won’t be around this afternoon but will be around this evening and tomorrow morning.
Likes For Bogester:
Old 02-11-23, 11:21 AM
Mr. 66

No RiddleOfSteel today, Dang!

I'll be heading out in about an hour or so
Old 02-11-23, 11:29 AM
Mr. 66

Can't miss me sweatshirt
Old 02-11-23, 02:02 PM
Mr. 66

One of these, from the original owner.

Likes For Mr. 66:
Old 02-11-23, 03:14 PM
Mr. 66

One these and those

and one of these after a tough day shopping

Last edited by Mr. 66; 02-11-23 at 03:42 PM.
Likes For Mr. 66:
Old 02-12-23, 11:52 AM
Mr. 66

Well the Viner is Italian like I've never seen space for 32mm room for fenders. In searching all the others has the ⭐️ on the lugs, crown, and bb. This one has none, no cutout in bb, and the brake bridge has a vertical threading on the underside

I have not determined what the seatpost is yet but I thinks it is 27.2, that's what I have jammed in the clamp
Likes For Mr. 66:
Old 02-12-23, 04:30 PM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Well the Viner is Italian like I've never seen space for 32mm room for fenders. In searching all the others has the ⭐️ on the lugs, crown, and bb. This one has none, no cutout in bb, and the brake bridge has a vertical threading on the underside

I have not determined what the seatpost is yet but I thinks it is 27.2, that's what I have jammed in the clamp
That's an awesome snag. That kind of clearance is like what all the kids have on their groad bikes these days. Those decals are amazing too. Reminds me of the 70s Toyota racing colors. Wish I could have gone but I need more bike projects and parts like I need a hole in my head. The only way I won't buy stuff is if I stay away from the sources.

Was there a repeat of the meeting of the minds at Mcmenamins?
Old 02-12-23, 05:08 PM
Mr. 66

No, no crowd at bar, just me, lol. I did have plenty of people snickering at me with the haul as I paused to take the pictures. I parked just up around the corner.

The Viner looks pretty neat, reminds me of when AMF made volleyballs and Harley Davidsons. I have no idea what they were thinking about the logos, it's hard to read the branding.

I only saw two from the forum, another was there but I didn't see or recognize who that was.

I did see a Peter Mooney roll out, I saw a Mairposa(?). A very nice big PX10 got a lot of attention. Not a ton of C&V but I was a late shopper so I don't know, probably the best went earlier.

Bikeworks had there table setup, they were there mainly for PR, but they also receive a good amount of donation from this event. They didn't have stuff out except for a Campy MTB group with cantilevers on display, a lot lookielous but everyone wanted to break it up for the canti.

Last edited by Mr. 66; 02-12-23 at 05:34 PM.
Likes For Mr. 66:
Old 02-12-23, 10:57 PM
mhespenheide 

If that turns out to be too big for you, let me know.
Old 02-13-23, 03:16 AM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 213 Posts
Well the Viner is Italian like I've never seen space for 32mm room for fenders. In searching all the others has the ⭐️ on the lugs, crown, and bb. This one has none, no cutout in bb, and the brake bridge has a vertical threading on the underside...
Your Viner frame lacks the ⭐️ windows because that feature was specific to the Professional model. I believe you have the Special Tourist model, which is what I have also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.