Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Data Overlay in video

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Data Overlay in video

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-23, 06:05 AM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked 1,659 Times in 784 Posts
Data Overlay in video

I keep seeing these cool ride/race videos where the ride data (speed, cadence, heartrate, power, etc) are overlayed into the video. I found and downloaded the Garmin Virb Edit software, which was last supported in 2018 (about the same time Garmin gave up on the Virb camera) and evidently it doesn't work in Windows 11. More research found a 'fix' by adding a line in the registry, but now, with the latest Windows updates, that doesn't appear to work, either.

Does anyone know of software that will allow you to import ride data from a Garmin unit (1030+) and add it into a video file (GoPro)? If the software works, I don't mind paying for it.
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 10-19-23, 12:57 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 825 Post(s)
Liked 1,659 Times in 784 Posts
Found something, and it's FREE. It's not exactly geared towards cycling, but it will do (I think.) Still playing with it. It's called Dashware.
Likes For Bald Paul: