Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

BMC Teammachine ALR One 2023

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-23, 01:17 PM
barros.fd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

I came across a deal on this bike bmc-switzerland.com/eu_en/23-teammachine-alr-one-lightweight-road-bikes.html, around $2000. Couldn't find much on internet about this bike, pretty much all I could find is related to the carbon SLR or older than 2020.
In terms of geometry it sits more on the comfortable side of the spectrum, which is aligned with my needs as a weekend rider that usually goes for 40 miles with short climbs (around 3 miles with an average gradient of 8%).
Do you have any experience with BMC alloy frames or this particular model?
Old 09-08-23, 02:48 PM
cormacf

Bikes: 2017 Lynskey Sportive Disc, 2021 Lynskey Pro29, 1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 29 Posts
Did you ever get it? I'm looking at my first race bike, and it's a SCREAMING deal with that wireless shifting (the carbon equivalents from Bianchi and Canondale are $1800 more), but I'm holding off until I hear some feedback.
Old 09-08-23, 04:23 PM
barros.fd

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didn't. It's hard to find BMC dealers around here to try it out and the SLR version has different geometry and of course the fact it is CF and it will definitely feel different.