Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1982? Bianchi Nuovo Racing

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-20, 08:27 AM
Jackweed

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Surly Straggler, Surly 1x1, Trek Y-Foil66, Salsa Timberjack, handful of other projects

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I picked up an absolutely pristine Bianchi Nuovo Racing off of CL a while back. It looks like it may have been ridden a couple of times max. The original tires show zero wear and the rims, seat, tape are not worn at all. I'm not a Bianchi guy... this is actually my first one. In doing online research I cannot find the exact bike, can anyone tell me about this square head badge? and the bike in general? Thanks! (the stem is very high. this is as I purchased it)

Thanks!
Likes For Jackweed:
Old 05-17-20, 06:39 PM
Jackweed

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Surly Straggler, Surly 1x1, Trek Y-Foil66, Salsa Timberjack, handful of other projects

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Any help would be appreciated!!!

Old 05-17-20, 06:54 PM
markwesti

Bikes: 86' Centurion Ironman

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 175 Posts
Hey Jack , that is a very nice looking Bianchi . Nice score , and welcome to BF . Although I own a Bianchi Alloro , I know pretty much zip about Bianchi . Yours , from looking at your picture , has some upper tear components . I have never seen that head badge though . Good luck .
PS on mine the bottom bracket has right , right , threading .
Likes For markwesti:
Old 05-21-20, 02:30 PM
lukeanspach

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Nuovo Racing, 1986 Peugeot Corbier

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Head Badge Year

Jackweed Cheers to the new bike. I have been doing similar research on my bike, which also contains the same square badge.

Unfortunately, Bike Forums doesn't allow me to post links in a replies because I haven't made 10 posts yet. So I have reference links I can send to you via direct message.

From what I've found, there were two types of square badges that Bianchi produced in the early to mid 1980s (1982-1984 ~ish). One is like ours, protruding with some depth to the actual badge. The other is very thin and doesn't contain a border either (an example is of an early 80's Rekord 848). I can't find this badge in any catalog and so it has had me perplexed as well.

Unfortunately, almost all of my decals have wore off except for a "Made in Italy" badge on the bottom of the seat tube, as well as the all navy blue "Bianchi" and the "flying wing" logo on the down tube. No markings for steel type, components, or bike model can be found on it. However, I traced the bike back to its original owners (four total, including me), who road this thing hard (as you will see in the photos): 6 USA coast-to-coast rides, the Hwy 1, as well as many other extended rides. She bought it new from a bike shop in New York in the early 80s––she believes 1983. I'm not totally convinced on this year, or at least the year of the model. She said it was a higher end model at the time and paid $700 for it with her boyfriend's discount who worked at the shop. She had a really bad wreck on one of her c2c rides, which is why I have a chrome fork now. The components are mostly all different, so I can't go off of that either.

So, I don't think your bike is a 1982, due to the labels that are used on the bike. Bianchi was using the labels with only one stroke (instead of the "flying wing" that our bikes use) up through 1982 (see the 1982 catalog and the specific 1982 Nuovo Racing model). In 1983, it appears the "flying wing" came about, but in two-tone (1983 catalog). In 1984, however, we get to the one color, navy blue, "flying wing" (1984 catalog). You might venture into 1985, the models begin to have a stamped "Bianchi" (rather than a "B" in the 1984 models) at the top of the seat tube, as you can see in the 1985 catalog.

With all that being said, 1984 Nuovo Racing in the '84 catalog looks like a winner for your bike. (Another clue to the year would be that from 1985 on, Bianchi started making double water bottle cages instead of singles. I added a second to mine in the images below.)

In regards to the head badge, which is different from what is displayed in the catalog, I have found a very limited number of bikes using it. There is the Rekord 848 and a longer thread on Bike Forum about someone else's 848 with more images. My bike oddly enough, does not have a serial number in the same place as that last link (on the head tube). It actually is at the top of the seat tube in two parts (2F on one side and 850 on the other). I would be interested to see if your bike has similar markings? (I've seen other number and letter combinations, as well as 4 digits instead of the 3 on the one side.) This leads me to believe that my bike is not an Rekord 848.

Someone online also suggested there to be a Rekord 849, but I can't find any other information to support that Bianchi made an 849––I think they were mistaken, but these images also has the bike with that specific badge, though the bike is in blue, not celeste.

So, from what I can tell I've found a Nuovo Racing and a Rekord 848 with the same head badge. This unfortunately does not give more detail as to why it exists or for what purpose, as all of the catalogs were simply stickers.

I'm trying to track down more info on my bike too. Would you mind posting images of the top of the seat tube or clarify if there is a serial number there or on the front of the head tube?
Old 05-21-20, 05:01 PM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
The subject bicycle appears to be a 1982-1983 Nuovo Racing. Serial number (on both sides of seat lug)?
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 05-22-20, 02:13 PM
lukeanspach

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Nuovo Racing, 1986 Peugeot Corbier

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by T-Mar
The subject bicycle appears to be a 1982-1983 Nuovo Racing. Serial number (on both sides of seat lug)?
I stand corrected! I write a book and it seems I have no idea what I'm talking about... ha! New to the game!
Likes For lukeanspach:
Old 05-22-20, 03:12 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked 1,296 Times in 866 Posts
I think that the Nuovo Racing is one of the more desirable vintage upper mid-range racing models to find. The big thing about these, aside from their authentically Italian manufacture, is that the geometry has great racing angles. So these bikes, when fitted as intended (with the rider in an aggressive or forward riding position), gives an amazingly responsive ride feel that moves effortlessly through tight corners at speed and which rewards the riders effort while climbing.

Thankfully they made a good number of these!

Another (perhaps less common?) model with similar "sprightly" characteristics would be the Japanese-built Bianchi Super.
Same lively racing-bike feel, but with non-branded Japanese Cr-Mo frame tubing and Shimano 600 componentry (but with the better, more-stylish Campy-copy Gran-Compe brakeset).
Interestingly, the Super typically came equipped with a shorter stem extension length, something like an 8cm on a 57cm frame, while the Nuovo Racing had a longer, more racerly proportioned stem (at least in the middle frame size range).

Last edited by dddd; 05-22-20 at 03:21 PM.
Likes For dddd:
Old 06-03-20, 08:21 AM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wow - Thanks for the info lukeanspach!
Old 06-03-20, 08:37 AM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thank you T-Mar! It does have the numbers on either side of the lug.
Old 06-03-20, 08:38 AM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
I think that the Nuovo Racing is one of the more desirable vintage upper mid-range racing models to find. The big thing about these, aside from their authentically Italian manufacture, is that the geometry has great racing angles. So these bikes, when fitted as intended (with the rider in an aggressive or forward riding position), gives an amazingly responsive ride feel that moves effortlessly through tight corners at speed and which rewards the riders effort while climbing.

Thankfully they made a good number of these!

Another (perhaps less common?) model with similar "sprightly" characteristics would be the Japanese-built Bianchi Super.
Same lively racing-bike feel, but with non-branded Japanese Cr-Mo frame tubing and Shimano 600 componentry (but with the better, more-stylish Campy-copy Gran-Compe brakeset).
Interestingly, the Super typically came equipped with a shorter stem extension length, something like an 8cm on a 57cm frame, while the Nuovo Racing had a longer, more racerly proportioned stem (at least in the middle frame size range).
Thank you dddd!
Old 10-19-20, 01:58 PM
walterb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Your square badge and mine

[QUOTE=Jackweed;21478249]I picked up an absolutely pristine Bianchi Nuovo Racing off of CL a while back. It looks like it may have been ridden a couple of times max. The original tires show zero wear and the rims, seat, tape are not worn at all. I'm not a Bianchi guy... this is actually my first one. In doing online research I cannot find the exact bike, can anyone tell me about this square head badge? and the bike in general? Thanks! (the stem is very high. this is as I purchased it)

Greetings from Montreal, Canada. I am the original owner of an early 1980s Bianchi that carries the same square badge. I've tried attaching photos but am told I'm not allowed as a new member. So a description will have to do for now.

I, too, am having a hard time identifying the model of my Bianchi. Believe it or not, I think I still have the sales receipt, but it will take some time to dig it out of the attic. I believe I purchased the bike in 1982. The serial number begins with 2, and I read elsewhere that the first number represents the model year. So the theory seems to fit in my case, for whatever that is worth.

Looking at your photos, your top tube seems to have some writing on it. Does it say Record? At least that gives you the model. Mine says nothing at all. Also, there is no Columbus sticker on my bike - just "Piaggio" at the top of the vertical Bianchi sticker, like yours. I assumed this meant it's a Piaggio frame (if there is such a thing), but that's probably not right given that you have both stickers on yours.

My bike came with the same hand pump as yours (I no longer have it) and a hodge-podge of components: Campagnolo derailleurs and pedals (no model indicated), Miche crank, Gipiemme hubs, Ofmega quick releases, and Modolo brakes (since swapped out for Modolo aero model. I believe the original rims were Ambrosio; I now have Records.

Hope to have more information when / if I find the receipt. I remember paying around CAN$400. I was 17 or so. But it was a hand-written bill and not very detailed, if I remember correctly. There might not even be the model name on there. But at least I will have the exact date of purchase. For the record: the store has since closed. It was called El Pedalo and located in the Ville St-Pierre neighbourhood of Montreal. I remember driving across town in my parents' Ford Pinto (!) to pick it up.

If anyone has any input on any of this, I look forward to reading it. And BTW, I cannot believe how well this bike still rides. I will try re-attaching the photos when this forum permits.

Stay safe, all.
Old 10-19-20, 05:58 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked 1,329 Times in 837 Posts
The decals and head badge differ from those of my Bianchi, which has a December 1981 build date, according to the 1.M____ S/N/
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 10-19-20, 09:15 PM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
[QUOTE=walterb;21750335]
Originally Posted by Jackweed
I picked up an absolutely pristine Bianchi Nuovo Racing off of CL a while back. It looks like it may have been ridden a couple of times max. The original tires show zero wear and the rims, seat, tape are not worn at all. I'm not a Bianchi guy... this is actually my first one. In doing online research I cannot find the exact bike, can anyone tell me about this square head badge? and the bike in general? Thanks! (the stem is very high. this is as I purchased it)

Greetings from Montreal, Canada. I am the original owner of an early 1980s Bianchi that carries the same square badge. I've tried attaching photos but am told I'm not allowed as a new member. So a description will have to do for now.

I, too, am having a hard time identifying the model of my Bianchi. Believe it or not, I think I still have the sales receipt, but it will take some time to dig it out of the attic. I believe I purchased the bike in 1982. The serial number begins with 2, and I read elsewhere that the first number represents the model year. So the theory seems to fit in my case, for whatever that is worth.

Looking at your photos, your top tube seems to have some writing on it. Does it say Record? At least that gives you the model. Mine says nothing at all. Also, there is no Columbus sticker on my bike - just "Piaggio" at the top of the vertical Bianchi sticker, like yours. I assumed this meant it's a Piaggio frame (if there is such a thing), but that's probably not right given that you have both stickers on yours.

My bike came with the same hand pump as yours (I no longer have it) and a hodge-podge of components: Campagnolo derailleurs and pedals (no model indicated), Miche crank, Gipiemme hubs, Ofmega quick releases, and Modolo brakes (since swapped out for Modolo aero model. I believe the original rims were Ambrosio; I now have Records.

Hope to have more information when / if I find the receipt. I remember paying around CAN$400. I was 17 or so. But it was a hand-written bill and not very detailed, if I remember correctly. There might not even be the model name on there. But at least I will have the exact date of purchase. For the record: the store has since closed. It was called El Pedalo and located in the Ville St-Pierre neighbourhood of Montreal. I remember driving across town in my parents' Ford Pinto (!) to pick it up.

If anyone has any input on any of this, I look forward to reading it. And BTW, I cannot believe how well this bike still rides. I will try re-attaching the photos when this forum permits.

Stay safe, all.
Thank you for the response! Great Info! I still have mine... I cannot part ways with it due to it riding smoother than my newer bikes!!
Old 10-19-20, 09:17 PM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John E
The decals and head badge differ from those of my Bianchi, which has a December 1981 build date, according to the 1.M____ S/N/
Nice! I would like to see some info on the rectangle badge I have.
Old 10-24-20, 05:58 PM
walterb

Not sure this is helpful , but a search of the attic has turned up the spec sheet for my Bianchi with rectangular head badge. Turns out it’s a Record 842. As I’ve mentioned, I bought it new in Montreal in 1982.

Likes For walterb:
Old 12-14-20, 09:29 PM
Jackweed

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by walterb
Not sure this is helpful , but a search of the attic has turned up the spec sheet for my Bianchi with rectangular head badge. Turns out it’s a Record 842. As I’ve mentioned, I bought it new in Montreal in 1982.

This is GREAT info walterb!! Thank you very much!
Old 12-14-20, 09:41 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1393 Post(s)
Liked 1,329 Times in 837 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
I think that the Nuovo Racing is one of the more desirable vintage upper mid-range racing models to find. The big thing about these, aside from their authentically Italian manufacture, is that the geometry has great racing angles. So these bikes, when fitted as intended (with the rider in an aggressive or forward riding position), gives an amazingly responsive ride feel that moves effortlessly through tight corners at speed and which rewards the riders effort while climbing. ...
I presume my Campione d'Italia has very similar geometry. I can attest to what you say about the ride and feel. It requires a bit more active balancing and control than my bikes with more relaxed geometries, but it is indeed a blast to ride.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 12-15-20, 05:58 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by John E
I presume my Campione d'Italia has very similar geometry. I can attest to what you say about the ride and feel. It requires a bit more active balancing and control than my bikes with more relaxed geometries, but it is indeed a blast to ride.
I find that most mid-range models actually handle and climb slightly better than high end models. While tre-tubi construction typically adds a bit more weight, the heavier gauge stays and blades are stiffer, resulting in better power transfer and more predictable steering. This becomes more apparent with increased rider weight, strength and aggressiveness.
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 12-15-20, 03:46 PM
walterb

Originally Posted by Jackweed
This is GREAT info walterb!! Thank you very much!
Yes, well, there's a bit of a sequel and, well, it's a bit complicated. Isn't it always with Bianchi?

Eagle-eye T-Mar recognized the spec sheet I posted, dug back into his collection and found the exact image in a catalogue for Bloor Cycle in Toronto. You'd think I'd copied it from this very catalogue! Except I live in Montreal and have never had any dealings with Bloor Cycle. In fact, as a proud Canadian, I'm embarrassed to say I'd never heard of this (now-closed) iconic shop until he brought it up.

The bigger head-scratcher is the catalogue date: 1985, T-Mar tells me. And yet, my bike was manufactured in Jan. 1982. So what's a 1982 model doing in a 1985 catalogue under the description: "A new model in the world-famous Bianchi line ..."?

T-Mar suggests what seems like the obvious answer: That spec sheet I posted is not for my bike. But, with respect, I find that hard to believe. For one thing, that particular mix of components matches exactly what came on my bike when I bought it — down to the matching water bottle and pump. I even remember the Clement tires. The price, too, is in the ballpark of what I remember paying. And it's not like this is a common group set. Miche crank, Campy 980 derailleur, Weinmann brakes and Modolo levers? In all my research, I've only seen this curious antipasto of disparate parts in two places — on my bike, and on that spec sheet.

Besides, why would I have put that spec sheet away for safe-keeping all those years ago in a box of mementos I recently recovered in my attic? Must be my bike.

So the next question would be: Is it possible that a bike manufactured in Italy in 1982 would still be advertised and presumably available for purchase three years later in Canada? Well, it's been suggested to me by someone who seems to know about such things that, yes, this sort of thing did happen. I have no clue, but would be curious to hear from others who are more knowledgable than me.

Meanwhile, here's the page in the catalogue T-Mar dug up:

Last edited by walterb; 12-15-20 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-16-20, 07:41 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by walterb
Yes, well, there's a bit of a sequel and, well, it's a bit complicated. Isn't it always with Bianchi?

Eagle-eye T-Mar recognized the spec sheet I posted, dug back into his collection and found the exact image in a catalogue for Bloor Cycle in Toronto. You'd think I'd copied it from this very catalogue! Except I live in Montreal and have never had any dealings with Bloor Cycle. In fact, as a proud Canadian, I'm embarrassed to say I'd never heard of this (now-closed) iconic shop until he brought it up.

The bigger head-scratcher is the catalogue date: 1985, T-Mar tells me. And yet, my bike was manufactured in Jan. 1982. So what's a 1982 model doing in a 1985 catalogue under the description: "A new model in the world-famous Bianchi line ..."?

T-Mar suggests what seems like the obvious answer: That spec sheet I posted is not for my bike. But, with respect, I find that hard to believe. For one thing, that particular mix of components matches exactly what came on my bike when I bought it — down to the matching water bottle and pump. I even remember the Clement tires. The price, too, is in the ballpark of what I remember paying. And it's not like this is a common group set. Miche crank, Campy 980 derailleur, Weinmann brakes and Modolo levers? In all my research, I've only seen this curious antipasto of disparate parts in two places — on my bike, and on that spec sheet.

Besides, why would I have put that spec sheet away for safe-keeping all those years ago in a box of mementos I recently recovered in my attic? Must be my bike.

So the next question would be: Is it possible that a bike manufactured in Italy in 1982 would still be advertised and presumably available for purchase three years later in Canada? Well, it's been suggested to me by someone who seems to know about such things that, yes, this sort of thing did happen. I have no clue, but would be curious to hear from others who are more knowledgable than me.

Meanwhile, here's the page in the catalogue T-Mar dug up:
It's always possible that the LBS you dealt with obtained its Bianchi from Bloor Cycle, however that would not explain the year discrepancy. The frame serial number is clearly from 1982, which is the same year that you recalled making the purchase.

While it's possible that the bicycle model was unchanged during this period, it's improbable that your copy of the spec sheet is from 1982. First, the odds of no price increase over 3 years, particularly during the era in question, is extremely small. Secondly, the layout of the catalogues changed slightly from year to year and this is an exact match for 1985. Finally, the featured bicycles changed from year to year and the Bloor Cycle product codes were re-assigned. The 21-01 product code was used for the Rekord 842 in 1985 but was used on a Trek in 1984 and a Santini in 1986.

If you want, it's easy to verify that the subject page is from 1985, via the Cannondale ST400 shown on the same page. Cannondale's first bicycle offering was a bare frameset in 1983. Complete bicycles were first offered in 1984, at which time the only touring model was the ST-500. The ST-400 didn't arrive until the 1985 model year and the Bloor Cycle bicycle is an exact match for the 1985 Cannondale catalogue, with the exception of colour, which could be have been custom for Bloor Cycle. All the Cannondale catalogues are available online, at https://vintagecannondale.com/catalog/

I'll get some photos of the 21-01 specs for 1984 & 1986 this weekend, so that you can see that the product codes were recycled each year and that the layouts also varied slightly. I don't know how you got a hold of it but it's an exact match for the 1985 Bloor Cycle catalogue.

Last edited by T-Mar; 12-16-20 at 07:48 AM.
Old 12-16-20, 10:26 AM
walterb

It's always possible that the LBS you dealt with obtained its Bianchi from Bloor Cycle, however that would not explain the year discrepancy. The frame serial number is clearly from 1982, which is the same year that you recalled making the purchase.

While it's possible that the bicycle model was unchanged during this period, it's improbable that your copy of the spec sheet is from 1982. First, the odds of no price increase over 3 years, particularly during the era in question, is extremely small. Secondly, the layout of the catalogues changed slightly from year to year and this is an exact match for 1985. Finally, the featured bicycles changed from year to year and the Bloor Cycle product codes were re-assigned. The 21-01 product code was used for the Rekord 842 in 1985 but was used on a Trek in 1984 and a Santini in 1986.

If you want, it's easy to verify that the subject page is from 1985, via the Cannondale ST400 shown on the same page. Cannondale's first bicycle offering was a bare frameset in 1983. Complete bicycles were first offered in 1984, at which time the only touring model was the ST-500. The ST-400 didn't arrive until the 1985 model year and the Bloor Cycle bicycle is an exact match for the 1985 Cannondale catalogue, with the exception of colour, which could be have been custom for Bloor Cycle. All the Cannondale catalogues are available online, at https://vintagecannondale.com/catalog/

I'll get some photos of the 21-01 specs for 1984 & 1986 this weekend, so that you can see that the product codes were recycled each year and that the layouts also varied slightly. I don't know how you got a hold of it but it's an exact match for the 1985 Bloor Cycle catalogue.
Thanks, T-Mar! If you say the product code on my spec sheet means it's from the 1985 catalogue, then I have no doubt that it is. You don't have to dig up additional evidence — you've done enough already, and I deeply appreciate it.

The only thing that is iffy in all of this is my memory. We know for a fact my bike is a 1982 model because the serial number says so. And it's true, as you state, that I recall buying it that year. But is my recollection bang-on? I wish I could have found that sales receipt I was sure I had kept. That would have given us the purchase date. But I was wrong about that, too. When I went looking for the sales receipt, I found the spec sheet instead. So maybe my memory was playing tricks on me about what, exactly, I had saved.

And maybe it's the same with the purchase date. My recollection is I bought the bike while I was in college, from 1982-84. Perhaps it's not surprising that my mind zeroed in on 1982, given the model year of my bike. But if it's true, as you suggest, "it's possible that the bicycle model was unchanged during this period," then perhaps I bought it later than 1982. And 1984 gets us closer to 1985. When would the 1985 catalogues have come out?

The other possibility, I suppose, is I bought the bike as early as 1982 and then, a few years later, came across the 1985 Bloor Cycle catalogue with the spec sheet for a Record 842 with my exact set of components and figured: "Hey, look at that — my bike. Lemme photocopy this and keep it." Which might explain why I have a photocopy of the spec sheet and not the catalogue itself or at least the torn-out page. Maybe the catalogue belonged to one of my cycling buddies at the time.

Again, I wish I had the sales receipt. Maybe it'll turn up some day.
Old 03-14-22, 03:15 PM
CitizenDave
Re-Cycling Italian Steel

Bikes: '87 Bottecchia Tour, '83 Bianchi Nuovo Racing v12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am new to the forum and late to this string. But I was hoping someone had run across some info on those square badges? My Bianchi is an 84 black with white stickers nuovo racing v12 and it has this badge.
Old 03-15-22, 08:29 AM
T-Mar

Originally Posted by CitizenDave
I am new to the forum and late to this string. But I was hoping someone had run across some info on those square badges? My Bianchi is an 84 black with white stickers nuovo racing v12 and it has this badge.
Welcome to the forums. It appears that thos badges were used primarily on European market models.
Likes For T-Mar:
Old 03-15-22, 12:46 PM
CitizenDave
Re-Cycling Italian Steel

Bikes: '87 Bottecchia Tour, '83 Bianchi Nuovo Racing v12

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you T-mar,

...for the info and for the welcome!