Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Anyone tour Vietnam? Advice for a first timer?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Anyone tour Vietnam? Advice for a first timer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-24, 10:34 PM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1963 Post(s)
Liked 647 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
Yan So where the hell are your pics?? Did you get into Vung Tau?
No Vung Tau this time around, straight to HCMC and then to the border. I'll try to post a couple of pics tonight.
Old 01-29-24, 12:48 AM
Yan 

Originally Posted by axolotl
To each their own, but I think it's pretty sad to travel to SE Asia and not enjoy the wonderful local food, and instead seek out overpriced western junk food. And then complain that the Western junk food isn't good and that you can't find enough of it. The local food is consistently fantastic in SE Asia. I love trying local dishes and my only complaint is sometimes I'll try something that tastes wonderful but then I can't find the same dish again. I've never gotten sick there and I've only had one bad meal in all of my travels there.
I'm eating 95% local food. There's only local food outside of tourist cities. It's good food for sure, but it's like living paycheck to paycheck. Then once in a while you get a bonus that lets you pay down the credit card debt. That's my calorie situation right now. I think I've managed to stop losing weight with all the soda I'm drinking. I must be drinking over 1000 calories a day right now.
Old 01-29-24, 11:02 AM
Yan 

Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
Yan So where the hell are your pics??
How many accidents were close to you. 2 dozen I saw or heard. LOL. Seeing school kids on bikes was fun. The cows and chickens are well behaved there. LOL.
Heard a big accident my first day here. Went through an intersection and all of a sudden heard a tremendous crunch behind me. Turned around to look but couldn't see a thing because there was a solid wall of speeding mopeds in the way. It's like a chicken pecking at ants. One ant gets pulled away by the rapture and the rest don't even react.

Here are a few photos, all from Hanoi.

Tet

Random dude

Hanoi Hilton

Some crazy sh*t

Looks like Chinese, but isn't

Ho Chi Minh mummy palace

Confucius temple

Bridge that America tried to bomb
Likes For Yan: