Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

List of Items to Keep at Office

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

List of Items to Keep at Office

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-24, 07:27 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7350 Post(s)
Liked 2,475 Times in 1,438 Posts
Originally Posted by Thigh Master
What a great thread idea!
I keep an extra set of clothes/shoes/undies. Nothing like getting to work and forgetting a key piece of the wardrobe which, while infrequent, can occur if I don’t pack the night before and end up packing sleepy, at o’ dark-thirty. In my office is also a towel, toiletries, etc.
Time for a funny story. You know those dreams people have of being naked in front of everyone?

I used to commute in street clothes most of them time but sometimes in cycling clothes. I kept everything I needed at my office.

One day, I got to work in my tights etc and realized I had taken my trousers home. So I was literally at work with no pants. I had a dress shirt so I just wore it like a tunic. My boss told me not to worry about it, but I was embarrassed.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider:
Old 04-15-24, 09:21 PM
Thigh Master
No Pain, No Pizza

Bikes: 2015 Tarmac Pro Disc, '99 Burley Duet, '10 Velo Vie Vitesse 300R, '94 Trek 2120, '90 Cannondale SR 600, '79 Ross Super Gran Tour, '76 Raleigh Record

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 23 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider;[url=tel:23214684
23214684[/url]]Time for a funny story. You know those dreams people have of being naked in front of everyone?

I used to commute in street clothes most of them time but sometimes in cycling clothes. I kept everything I needed at my office.

One day, I got to work in my tights etc and realized I had taken my trousers home. So I was literally at work with no pants. I had a dress shirt so I just wore it like a tunic. My boss told me not to worry about it, but I was embarrassed.
Great story.
Old 04-16-24, 04:26 PM
mlau

Bikes: Xootr Swift

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Just to add, I keep a Topeak Morph in my office in case my tires go flat.

I used to keep a floor pump, but ran out of space.
Likes For mlau: