Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Lauf Seigla???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-23, 01:07 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Lauf Seigla???

Anyone riding a Lauf Seigla that can give me an honest opinion of the bike as to how it fits, rides, etc... They spend a ton on advertising and its really hard to find anyone that dislikes them but I'm on the fence between the Seigla or another Warbird. I had a 2021 Warbird that I really liked but wanted something faster on pavement so I sold it and bought a Stigmata only to find that I was actually faster on the Warbird overall. Any thoughts?
Likes For dvdslw:
Old 03-22-23, 02:51 PM
BJack312

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 20 Posts
My wife has been riding a Seigla for about 9 month, hers is size XS with solid forks. Overall it seems to be a very well put together bike. Frame is very solid, but extremely light. This is a 1X only bike, the BB design would not allow a front derailleur. Frame design allow for massive tire clearance.

Overall, for the money, you get a lot of bike. Hers is the "Weekend Warrior" level, it came with SRAM Rival, fairly decent wheelset, Fizik saddle, and carbon bars and seatpost.

She loves the bike and seems to be very comfortable riding it. It would certainly be near the top of my list if I was looking for a new gravel bike right now. One big plus that I can add, Lauf customer service is some of the best that I have ever experienced.
Likes For BJack312:
Old 03-23-23, 01:24 PM
Lauf4Lyfe

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dvdslw
Anyone riding a Lauf Seigla that can give me an honest opinion of the bike as to how it fits, rides, etc... They spend a ton on advertising and its really hard to find anyone that dislikes them but I'm on the fence between the Seigla or another Warbird. I had a 2021 Warbird that I really liked but wanted something faster on pavement so I sold it and bought a Stigmata only to find that I was actually faster on the Warbird overall. Any thoughts?
I have the Weekend Warrior Wireless in a small. It's plush with the 45s and the True Grit fork. I did buy new wheels for it because ethirteen was having a sale and put on Teravail Cannonball 42s on them, which makes the ride a little faster than the 45s and I attribute that speed to the skinner and slightly less knobby tires. It doesn't appear to have impacted riding through rougher things or even mud, though I like the stock Maxxis Rambers better. I just wanted to try something different on the 42s.

It's probaby the best bike I've gotten and easily makes me feel like a kid where I got a bmx and could take that bike anywhere. I don't plan to, but I would love to see how this works on more gnarly trails if I were to put 2.1" tires on. I've got a few bikes...Cannondale Synapse Carbon Red eTap, a GT Grade cyclocross, and the last Trek Stache. The Seigla is just so versatile. For my riding, I would think that the only limitation is the tire and while it would be hard to let go of my stable of bikes, I'm hoping to push the bike with just tire swaps as the months go by.
Likes For Lauf4Lyfe:
Old 11-06-23, 06:13 AM
FML123

Bikes: 2018 Focus Mares CX 105 // 1984(?) Guerciotti GLX 7600 Super Record // 2021 Giant Stance 27.5” // 2022 Poseidon Redwood

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw
Anyone riding a Lauf Seigla that can give me an honest opinion of the bike as to how it fits, rides, etc... They spend a ton on advertising and it’s been riding a really hard to find anyone that dislikes them but I'm on the fence between the Seigla or another Warbird. I had a 2021 Warbird that I really liked but wanted something faster on pavement so I sold it and bought a Stigmata only to find that I was actually faster on the Warbird overall. Any thoughts?
I’ve been riding a 2018 Focus Mares (carbon cx bike) for past 4 years as a gravel bike. I just took delivery of a Seigla in April 2023. They’re about the same weight (9kg w/pedals, garmin, bell, etc.). the Seigla looks a little chunkier than the CX bike, and it’s a smidge slower, probably because of the 45mm knobbies. I assumed the wider tires 45mm vs 38mm) would slow the bike a little, but it doesn’t seem to have.

Last edited by FML123; 01-21-24 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-22-23, 07:35 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
There is a very extensive and mostly positive review of this bike in the current issue of Bicycle Quarterly.