Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

I'm stumped HELP!

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

I'm stumped HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-24, 09:37 AM
Yan 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2003 Post(s)
Liked 662 Times in 451 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
At worst would not be "end up with a chain that might be too long". At worst would be your derailleur snaps in half and your derailleur hanger is ripped off your frame.
Originally Posted by kcjc
This deserves a second. It was your foundation argument for a chain that's too short, now it is also too long? Please tell us the last time you encountered a chain that was too long and snapped and ripped a derailleur hanger off a frame by itself?!
What the actual F are you even TALKING ABOUT??? HOW in the freaking world did you read what I wrote, and understand it the way you understood it??? Do you not understand the concept of parallel structure in English writing? This would have been covered around grade 7 or 8.

When someone says:
Originally Posted by Yan
At worst would not be "end up with a chain that might be too long". At worst would be your derailleur snaps in half and your derailleur hanger is ripped off your frame.
The second sentence is not following the first, it's contrasting with the first. It's not a logical continuity. It's an alternative. The second is replacing the first. The person is saying, this first thing is wrong, this second thing is correct. HELLO???

Oh my god... the realization is just dawning on me. This whole argument happened because you fell asleep in middle school English class. I'm not even writing that as some kind of insult. You are ACTUALLY, LITERALLY unable to correctly understand written English.

This is some cosmic horror sh*t...

Do you mind if I ask you which year you graduated high school in which state?

Last edited by Yan; 04-25-24 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-25-24, 09:47 AM
kcjc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Yan
You see the word "but" in my first sentence? That's where A) and B) are separated. Why do I need to explain grade 3 English class grammar rules to you? Again, where is your reading comprehension? Do you mean to tell me that this entire argument originated from the fact that you don't know how to read?

What I said was A) it would work fine on a compatible drive train; however B) it wouldn't work on a mismatched drivetrain.

And since mechanics work on unknown bikes, it's too dangerous to blindly assume what the previous guy installed was compatible. The question is not whether you know what is compatible on YOUR OWN bike. The question is, as a mechanic working on unknown bikes, do you know what the PREVIOUS guy installed? No you don't know, so you'd better not blindly assume, because if you blindly assume wrong, then you'll damage the bike.

What's difficult to understand about this child level simple concept??? HELLO???
More red herrings. If it wasn't obvious the first time around, it applies to the entirety of your assertion. It works fine on all my mixed and non-mixed drivetrains and all those bikes sold today and in the past.
Originally Posted by Yan
Oh my god... the realization is just dawning on me. This whole argument happened because you fell asleep in middle school English class. You are LITERALLY unable to correctly understand written English.

This is some cosmic horror sh*t...
Stop backtracking. It's not making you look any better, and your passive-aggressive apology is not accepted.
Old 04-25-24, 09:55 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11979 Post(s)
Liked 6,686 Times in 3,500 Posts
Does anybody ever tire of arguing and just drop a discussion that's not going anywhere? Oh wait, my bad, how can one build a reputation if you let your opponent think he won?

Sad.

Closed.