Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

"Bike Friday" decal or NO decal?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-22, 06:17 PM
amyvegan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Hi.
I live where bike theft is a constant issue and am considering asking Bike Friday to NOT put their name on my soon-to-be-ordered bike as a possible way to deter theft so it could look like an "off brand" or "no-name brand."

Imagine they can send me any decals to add later if I ever want to sell the bike.
Old 08-18-22, 06:20 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I had them send me them with my bike in an envelope to apply later if I wanted. Easy to do
Old 08-18-22, 06:21 PM
amyvegan

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I had them send me them with my bike in an envelope to apply later if I wanted. Easy to do
why did you make the choice of no decal? for me, theft plus the font doesn't appeal to me and i'd rather see the paint job.
Old 08-18-22, 07:43 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
It wasn't for theft because my BF pakiT (replaced the NWT I owned previously) never ever leaves my hand if I am not at home. I don't lock it up, that's what the Dahon Mu Uno is for - to ride in those rare cases where I know I will have to lock up. I simply liked the way it looked without any stickers. And I figured if I changed my mind I could put them on (like if I wanted to try to sell it). You can always put them on later, but if you get them installed and take them off they are ruined and can't be reused. You could probably get BF to send you more though. Fyi, you can check with them and see what colors they have in decals....they always have black and white but sometimes they have colors avail.
Old 08-18-22, 07:53 PM
amyvegan

Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
It wasn't for theft because my BF pakiT (replaced the NWT I owned previously) never ever leaves my hand if I am not at home. I don't lock it up, that's what the Dahon Mu Uno is for - to ride in those rare cases where I know I will have to lock up. I simply liked the way it looked without any stickers. And I figured if I changed my mind I could put them on (like if I wanted to try to sell it). You can always put them on later, but if you get them installed and take them off they are ruined and can't be reused. You could probably get BF to send you more though. Fyi, you can check with them and see what colors they have in decals....they always have black and white but sometimes they have colors avail.
thanks. i'm getting this purply-pink paint "power raspberry" that i don't want ruined with an enormous ugly decal. thanks!!!!
Likes For amyvegan: