Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Goodbye Bike Forums

Notices
Foo Light hearted off-topic chit chat with no general subject.

Goodbye Bike Forums

Old 03-14-21, 02:18 AM
no motor?
Unlisted member

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1376 Post(s)
Liked 429 Times in 294 Posts
Goodbye Bike Forums

I've enjoyed most of my time here but it's come to an end. This site helped me to learn how to ride more and better, but like most other hobby sites there comes a time when members run out of questions and either fade away or stay for social reasons. Or they get encouraged to leave by a moderator and that's what's happened to me. So thanks for the help and the memories.
Old 03-14-21, 02:32 AM
DeadGrandpa
Philosopher of Bicycling

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 239 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by no motor? View Post
I've enjoyed most of my time here but it's come to an end. This site helped me to learn how to ride more and better, but like most other hobby sites there comes a time when members run out of questions and either fade away or stay for social reasons. Or they get encouraged to leave by a moderator and that's what's happened to me. So thanks for the help and the memories.
It's one thing to get bored and leave; it's another thing to be told to leave. I don't know why that happened, but I suspect it was because someone got offended by something you posted. What a load of horse manure. We've always had the right to feel offended but lately it seems the imagined right to not feel offended supercedes everything else. Completely ridiculous.
Likes For DeadGrandpa:
Old 03-14-21, 05:32 AM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4112 Post(s)
Liked 473 Times in 363 Posts
I liked your post despite not liking the message. I'd like you to stay and stay mildly offensive. Taking offense is usually just a tool to surpress other views.
Likes For Stadjer:
Old 03-14-21, 06:01 AM
work4bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2189 Post(s)
Liked 335 Times in 253 Posts
...or you could wait until the moderator bans you. It's happened to me on another site...some people are just too easily offended.

P.S. I just noticed we joined around the same time and you're right I've run out of questions
Old 03-14-21, 06:03 AM
chewybrian 
"Florida Man"

Bikes: '16 Bob Jackson rando, '66 Raleigh Superbe, 80 Nishiki Maxima, 07 Gary Fisher Utopia, 09 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 896 Times in 490 Posts
That sucks. Of course, you reach a point where you get bored with asking and answering questions about riding. But, BF members don't retire, they just become foosters. I haven't noticed your being offensive, and don't know the particulars, but it sucks. I hope you or the mod might reconsider.
Old 03-14-21, 06:41 AM
ahsposo 
Major Member

Bikes: A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 5437 Post(s)
Liked 2,775 Times in 1,639 Posts
But you're like a founding member! You have the pouch!
Old 03-14-21, 08:20 AM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked 496 Times in 359 Posts
"no motor" was NOT asked or told to leave B.F.
OP's choice.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html

Last edited by Homebrew01; 03-14-21 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-14-21, 04:27 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 2093 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 487 Posts
Although we do not discuss a member's interaction with the moderation team due to privacy issues, I can guarantee that he was NEVER asked to leave.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.