Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Cannondale CustServ = oxymoron ???

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Cannondale CustServ = oxymoron ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 11:15 AM
samg07094

Bikes: 1980 steel frame with buckets, new 2009 Cannondale Quick 6 w/o buckets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Upgrading the Cannondale CustServ operation is surely doable....

Originally Posted by fietsbob
but it adds to the cost of the product, those extra CS people have to be Paid.

, and people (like you?) want things that cost less, not More.
No-no-no-no.... The proposed upgrade costs less to operate. Much less.

I'm sure we went through a half-dozen contacts before I gave up on getting information out of the current operation. Simple questions, no answers.

If the web site had a Resource FAQ page that process would have taken one contact. The guys here at BF solved the issues close to instantly.

And btw: the pointer below to James Vincent bicycles might be doable with a two-bus transfer. Couple hours transit time each way. Chelsea Bicycles takes me under the Hudson River and down to 130 W. 26th Street in Manhattan. Also a couple hours each way.

A quick look in the internet gets Union Cycle Center at 4531 Bergenline Avenue, Union City. Arguably a LBS. I could toss a damaged bike in the box at the under side of a #190 NJTransit bus that goes through Union City and then walk/ride that far up Bergenline. 45 minutes, max, each way.

UCC supports Cannondale. Asking a question gets an immediate response. Of course they've got anything you'd really need. Still, UCC's virtues do not forgive Cannondale CustServ's failures.
Old 06-13-13, 11:32 AM
jsharr
You Know!? For Kids!

Bikes: '05 Trek 1200 / '90 Trek 8000 / '? Falcon Europa

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
This needs to stop. Mod or Admin, please lock this silly argument. OP got an answer.
Old 06-13-13, 11:38 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5793 Post(s)
Liked 2,595 Times in 1,438 Posts
To the OP, you're asking too much of an operation that serves the client base through a network of dealers.

You wouldn't call GM to ask a simple question about your Chevy, you wouldn't call the head of oncology at a teaching hospital to ask about a mole.

Businesses all delegate down, and are perfectly justified in setting things up in a hierarchy where in their field agents (dealers) are the front line if customer service and corporate staff are only involved if unresolved issues work their way up the chain of command.

This SOP, and many companies have a simple answer to tech or service questions "see a dealer". If that's not good enough for you, than the problem isn't with the company, but with the guy in the mirror.

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.
Old 06-13-13, 11:44 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 3683 Post(s)
Liked 5,451 Times in 2,770 Posts
This idiotic thread has reached four pages and amazingly the OP has yet to acknowledge that he was incorrect in his original assessment of Cannondale's customer service. This is in spite of not one other poster supporting his position. Crazy ramblings about call centers cannot obscure the fact that OP knows nothing about bikes. This ignorance is not the problem, as everyone was in that situation at one time. The annoying thing is that the OP feels compelled to flaunt his ignorance. I'm close to being convinced that this is a troll post from the start.
Old 06-13-13, 12:15 PM
AnkleWork

Bikes: old clunker

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
This idiotic thread has reached four pages and amazingly the OP has yet to acknowledge that he was incorrect in his original assessment of Cannondale's customer service. This is in spite of not one other poster supporting his position. Crazy ramblings about call centers cannot obscure the fact that OP knows nothing about bikes. This ignorance is not the problem, as everyone was in that situation at one time. The annoying thing is that the OP feels compelled to flaunt his ignorance. I'm close to being convinced that this is a troll post from the start.
Bingo! Unfortunately, the truth has little value in this thread.
Old 06-13-13, 12:18 PM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by shelbyfv
This idiotic thread has reached four pages and amazingly the OP has yet to acknowledge that he was incorrect in his original assessment of Cannondale's customer service. This is in spite of not one other poster supporting his position.
This is not unprecedented. A few weeks ago the same OP started a thread asking about cutting down and re-welding an old Panasonic frame to make it smaller. Despite dozens of replies telling him it was impractical, potentially dangerous and economically foolish, he refused to acknowledge that any anyone else could be right.
Old 06-13-13, 12:42 PM
PhotoJoe 
Just Plain Slow

Bikes: Lynskey R230

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01

Now, we could discuss the trainwreck above. Notice that 2 seemingly identical trains approach each other, then crash head-on. Why do the cars and caboose crash differently ? Shouldn't they react about the same ?
Sorry, but when a thread spirals into a conversation about train wrecks and the physics behind why one caboose reacts differently than another, it's time to close the thread.