Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Thoughts/Experience with Handsome Cycles XOXO an X0-1 homage All-Rounder

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Thoughts/Experience with Handsome Cycles XOXO an X0-1 homage All-Rounder

Old 07-12-22, 10:42 AM
  #151  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
are you going to clear coat over them? I wonder if they will be a perfect size to overlay the handsome decal?
I donít think I will but I also hadnít really thought about it until now. All of my other Bridgestone bikes are all just stickers over paint with no clear coat, so Iíll likely just stay the same.

Iím not sure how big the down tube logo is, so Im also not totally sure whether they will fully cover but I suspect they will.
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-12-22, 10:51 AM
  #152  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by heytchap View Post
I donít think I will but I also hadnít really thought about it until now. All of my other Bridgestone bikes are all just stickers over paint with no clear coat, so Iíll likely just stay the same.

Iím not sure how big the down tube logo is, so Im also not totally sure whether they will fully cover but I suspect they will.
looks like the new handsome decal is not as long as the first xoxo handsome decal or nearly as long as the original xo1 decal.
jadmt is offline  
Old 07-16-22, 07:55 AM
  #153  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
FB page has a photo of the front fork head on and it will fit the Rene Herse rat trap 2.3 tire...good news for sure.
jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 07-21-22, 01:06 PM
  #154  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
New pics!!


heytchap is offline  
Likes For heytchap:
Old 07-23-22, 12:44 PM
  #155  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
I canít upload pics for some reason, but thereís 3 more on their Facebook. The bike looks good. The stock saddle doesnít look like the avocet clone they promised, so I hope thatís just another seat..

excited for the bike though.


edit: actually the shape is the same as the avocet. I was expecting white, like the pics, but I plan on swapping it for a Selle Anatomica anyway so no loss.

Last edited by heytchap; 07-23-22 at 12:49 PM.
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-23-22, 01:44 PM
  #156  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by heytchap View Post
I canít upload pics for some reason, but thereís 3 more on their Facebook. The bike looks good. The stock saddle doesnít look like the avocet clone they promised, so I hope thatís just another seat..

excited for the bike though.


edit: actually the shape is the same as the avocet. I was expecting white, like the pics, but I plan on swapping it for a Selle Anatomica anyway so no loss.
I Don't see them on Facebook. I will be using a brooks b17.
jadmt is offline  
Old 07-23-22, 10:24 PM
  #157  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I Don't see them on Facebook. I will be using a brooks b17.
I canít upload, not sure why. Check this Imgur link-

https://imgur.com/a/CITE29N
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-24-22, 07:58 PM
  #158  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
I am out of town but this showed up and I had my daughter's fiancee who is a bike guy pull it inside and he said it was the best packaged bike he has seen.

jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 07-25-22, 11:40 AM
  #159  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I am out of town but this showed up and I had my daughter's fiancee who is a bike guy pull it inside and he said it was the best packaged bike he has seen.

yours came before mine despite ordering after!!!!
The envy is so real.

some dude on ****** got his as well

https://www.re d d i t. com/r/xbiking/comments/w7tm7c/new_bike_day_always_seems_to_come_just_a_few_days/
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-26-22, 03:25 PM
  #160  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
I am out of town but this showed up and I had my daughter's fiancee who is a bike guy pull it inside and he said it was the best packaged bike he has seen.

sooooo! Whatís the verdict?
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-27-22, 05:02 AM
  #161  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by heytchap View Post
sooooo! Whatís the verdict?
I am out of town for a few more days.
jadmt is offline  
Old 07-30-22, 06:02 AM
  #162  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
got home yesterday afternoon from a long day of driving and it was about 110F in the garage so just slapped it together as quickly as possible. It will need some fine tuning on fit adjustment but I wanted to see how it looked. it was extremely well packaged. seat and pedals are low quality items for sure. They are both being replaced shortly anyway. If I had to do it over I would have went with the 53 vs 56. it will work fine just not a perfect fit. Curve on the forks looks fine. Handlebars will take some getting used to. I don't like how the ends of the bars hit the top tube when fully turned side to side and does not look like there is away to adjust them so they miss the top tube.


jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 07-30-22, 01:35 PM
  #163  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
took it for a quick 15 mile ride this morning and rides nice. only complaint about it is the rear brake is mush. Front brake will lock wheel instantly and easy to do an endo if not careful. rear brake will not even come close to skidding even on wet cement. seems like the there is a bit of flex at the seat stays.

jadmt is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 02:29 AM
  #164  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
got home yesterday afternoon from a long day of driving and it was about 110F in the garage so just slapped it together as quickly as possible. It will need some fine tuning on fit adjustment but I wanted to see how it looked. it was extremely well packaged. seat and pedals are low quality items for sure. They are both being replaced shortly anyway. If I had to do it over I would have went with the 53 vs 56. it will work fine just not a perfect fit. Curve on the forks looks fine. Handlebars will take some getting used to. I don't like how the ends of the bars hit the top tube when fully turned side to side and does not look like there is away to adjust them so they miss the top tube.


why do you wish you sized down? This one looks like it fits you pretty well!
heytchap is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 12:08 PM
  #165  
chefdurfee
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 51

Bikes: Peugeot PX-10, Lejeune Ref. 100, CNC Special, Peugeot UO-8, Bridgestone T700, Bridgestone XO-3, Bridgestone MB4, Bianchi Imola, Handsome XOXO (as yet unbuilt)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Wow, that is one ginormous rear derailleur
chefdurfee is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 12:39 PM
  #166  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by heytchap View Post
why do you wish you sized down? This one looks like it fits you pretty well!
just personal preference. If I were just using on road and bike paths it would be perfect. I plan on using it on mountain bike trails and it would be nice to have a bit more crotch clearance, especially when I put on some 2.3" RTP tires. Took another 15 mile ride and already liking the handlebars. Rear brake does sux tho. it is just mushy and does not want to grab at all. Front will put you over on your head if you are not careful. Not sure what is going on. the pads are very close to the rim and not like there is excessive cable. I hit the pads and rim with brake cleaner but still not right.
jadmt is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 12:54 PM
  #167  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by chefdurfee View Post
Wow, that is one ginormous rear derailleur
it is a Shimano Deore instead of the microshift, not really sure if there is any real difference performance or quality wise. it does shift nice. the cassette freewheel is really loud coasting.

jadmt is offline  
Old 07-31-22, 10:37 PM
  #168  
chefdurfee
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 51

Bikes: Peugeot PX-10, Lejeune Ref. 100, CNC Special, Peugeot UO-8, Bridgestone T700, Bridgestone XO-3, Bridgestone MB4, Bianchi Imola, Handsome XOXO (as yet unbuilt)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Wait a sec (admittedly apropos of nothing)...why am I demoted to "newbie"?
chefdurfee is offline  
Likes For chefdurfee:
Old 08-01-22, 05:09 PM
  #169  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
Originally Posted by chefdurfee View Post
Wait a sec (admittedly apropos of nothing)...why am I demoted to "newbie"?
did you delete a few of your posts? maybe need 50 ...I need a life lol.
jadmt is offline  
Old 08-01-22, 05:16 PM
  #170  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts
ordered some RH RTP's. It was hard spending the money. could not find them discounted anywhere so just ordered them direct. I did a 25 miles this morning before it got too hot. Thing does ride nice. I have the stem all the way up to the minimum line and the handlebars still hit the top tube. I know looking at the photo it does not look like it but the end of the handle bars hit the tube when turned all the way but I can see a dented top tube or broken bar end shifter if the bike falls over.
jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-01-22, 11:26 PM
  #171  
heytchap
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
ordered some RH RTP's. It was hard spending the money. could not find them discounted anywhere so just ordered them direct. I did a 25 miles this morning before it got too hot. Thing does ride nice. I have the stem all the way up to the minimum line and the handlebars still hit the top tube. I know looking at the photo it does not look like it but the end of the handle bars hit the tube when turned all the way but I can see a dented top tube or broken bar end shifter if the bike falls over.
pop a top tube cover over the spot where thereís a contact point like track fixed gear riders do.
heytchap is offline  
Likes For heytchap:
Old 08-04-22, 11:28 PM
  #172  
chefdurfee
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Posts: 51

Bikes: Peugeot PX-10, Lejeune Ref. 100, CNC Special, Peugeot UO-8, Bridgestone T700, Bridgestone XO-3, Bridgestone MB4, Bianchi Imola, Handsome XOXO (as yet unbuilt)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Has anyone else gotten their bike yet?
chefdurfee is offline  
Old 08-05-22, 02:00 PM
  #173  
tricky 
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upper Left, USA
Posts: 1,927
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 284 Posts
Originally Posted by jadmt View Post
Rear brake does sux tho. it is just mushy and does not want to grab at all. Front will put you over on your head if you are not careful. Not sure what is going on. the pads are very close to the rim and not like there is excessive cable. I hit the pads and rim with brake cleaner but still not right.
Have you messed with cantis much? Brake pads close to the rim isn't typically the most powerful configuration for cantis. Check out this vid for more info on how to set them up.
tricky is offline  
Likes For tricky:
Old 08-06-22, 02:55 PM
  #174  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts

Originally Posted by tricky View Post
Have you messed with cantis much? Brake pads close to the rim isn't typically the most powerful configuration for cantis. Check out this vid for more info on how to set them up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDdWIq4cLLo
I messed around today and installed a brake booster that I have had laying around for 30 years or more. They are much better, not perfect but way better than they were. thanks.
jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:
Old 08-06-22, 03:00 PM
  #175  
jadmt
Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Missoula MT
Posts: 435
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 112 Posts

be brutally honest...I have some violet KORE skewers that I have had since the late 80's or early 90's. does this look stupid? I have no sense of style so be honest. thanks.
jadmt is offline  
Likes For jadmt:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.