Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Need help with freehub issue

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-23, 12:36 PM
LordSprocket

Bikes: Fezzari Empire (105DI2)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Recently bought a fezzari Empire and it came in the mail with the freehub and cassette (DT Swiss ER1600 and shimano 105di2 12 spd) not connected to the rear wheel and hub. Watched some videos regarding putting it back together (seems pretty easy with two springs and two ratchet cogs), but the cassette and freehub will not lock to the hub.

1. Is that a normal thing or am I missing something?
2. If it is a normal thing, I tried putting it on the bike and testing it, but the freehub will not free spin when torqued correctly at 10Nm.

Request any help I can get to try and get this thing road worthy.
Old 03-27-23, 12:56 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 745 Posts
Don't know the answer to your question but DT has a support site which has manuals and diagrams etc. I believe they also have some YouTube vids and you can also email or call them. Product Support | DT Swiss