Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Cheaper Brompton Rear Rack Options?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-22, 12:58 PM
Parkyy16

Bikes: All steel... Breadwinner, Ritchey, Soma, VO, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 25 Posts

I've noticed that the fender mini-wheel on my wife's M6L doesn't exactly roll very well when it's folded.

So, I've been looking for a cheaper rear rack. While it'd be nice to go with the standard Brompton rack, I can't justify it for our use. She won't be putting any weight on the rack asides from the bike rolling around while folded or standing while folded.

We have the standard rollers, and plan to upgrade to a set of eazy wheels when we buy the rack.

Any feedback on some cheaper racks for folded stability?
I've seen some decently priced racks($50 or under) on ebay and AliExpress that seem to be copies of the H&H Mini rack.
Old 03-09-22, 11:02 PM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Take a look at this Chris by Bike You Tube video. A $20.00 rear rack for her Brompton that she's traveled the world with.

Old 03-10-22, 08:45 AM
Parkyy16

Originally Posted by MAK
Take a look at this Chris by Bike You Tube video. A $20.00 rear rack for her Brompton that she's traveled the world with.
Looks like that rack is $60, not $20, but still within my price range. Is there a go-to reputable website/shop to pickup a genuine H&H rack from the US? fantastic4toys.com seems like they sell the H&H rack, but not sure about the reputation of that website. I know Perennial cycles and universal cycles are the go-to, but they don't have any cheaper racks in stock.
Old 03-10-22, 10:56 AM
MAK

Bikes: Yes, I have bikes.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkyy16
Looks like that rack is $60, not $20, but still within my price range. Is there a go-to reputable website/shop to pickup a genuine H&H rack from the US? fantastic4toys.com seems like they sell the H&H rack, but not sure about the reputation of that website. I know Perennial cycles and universal cycles are the go-to, but they don't have any cheaper racks in stock.
You need to go to You Tube and then Chris by Bike and then search Rear Rack and you'll get the full information. Click on "Show More" below the description and look for the rack and you'll find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e414fa802c27c6

Good luck.
Old 03-11-22, 01:42 PM
Parkyy16

Originally Posted by MAK
You need to go to You Tube and then Chris by Bike and then search Rear Rack and you'll get the full information. Click on "Show More" below the description and look for the rack and you'll find:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e414fa802c27c6

Good luck.
Went ahead and ordered an off brand Ace Of Fix rack & easy wheels on Aliexpress. Now we wait for a month to see if it shows up.
Old 03-12-22, 10:37 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
Originally Posted by Parkyy16
Went ahead and ordered an off brand Ace Of Fix rack & easy wheels on Aliexpress. Now we wait for a month to see if it shows up.
Please report how the rack works for you, once it comes in. The Ace products tend to be of low quality, but this does not mean that any particular will miss specific expectations.