Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Tokyo (Fussa)

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Tokyo (Fussa)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-22, 10:14 AM
stewartt1982

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 6 Posts
Hello from Tokyo (Fussa)

I've been a member for a couple of years (mostly as a lurker) and have been reading the forums posts for even longer (definitely lurking) but just noticed now that I've never posted an introduction.

I'm a Canadian who is originally from New Brunswick but now lives in Tokyo, Japan via several other cities/countries.

I didn't really get into cycling until quite late as where/when I grew up cycling was mostly restricted to kids. Started getting an interest after starting my Ph.D. and found myself splitting my time between Toronto and Hamburg. It was in Hamburg where I discovered that cycling can be practical, enjoyable and not be feared. So a went through a number hybrid bikes in both cities. Casual/commute cycling where I learned to enjoy myself and a bit about bike maintenance (Ph.D students are not generally made of cash).

Afterwards, I moved to the UK, again splitting my time between the UK and Japan, and started doing longer rides along with looking at the wonderful mountains in Japan. Got my first "road bike" with drop bars. Soon after upgraded this low-end road bike with a Tiagra 4700 groupset and have been mostly a road cyclist since. Spent time in the prairie provinces of Canada learning about how flat the country is ie. 70km ride with less than 100m of elevation change.

Now back in Japan, riding mostly along the Tamagawa on my road bike or locally on my utility bike. Occasional trips into the nearby mountains for fun rides.

If anyone else is here in Tokyo and would like to go for a fun, a little fast, but mostly casual ride, then I'd love to hear from you.
Old 04-21-22, 11:33 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,599 Times in 3,785 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums!

Likes For cb400bill: