Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

New Fairing

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

New Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-23, 05:54 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts
New Fairing

26th Prototype cargo bike cargo box Honeycomb Polypropylene Fairing

Ninth Prototype. My daughter was tutored in Aircraft Structural Engineering. Her inspiration for this was her uncle’s 18-wheeler, which she traveled in May through September 1991, touring 37 of the 48 contiguous United States

Type Ten. After the Type 9 was stolen, the Type Ten was put together as a replacement. We saved 300 hours by making the fairing/cargo box out of an abandoned 1998 Apple iMac

Previous version of Type Eleven (old fairing)

Model 525 26th Prototype Cargo Box Fairing

Main structure is 5mm thickness Honeycomb Polypropylene Windshield is 1.5 mm clear vinyl

For people who don’t believe bicycles are vehicles, this is a game changer.
The Fiberglass was cleaned up with industrial strength cleaner, a scrub brush, and the garden hose, on my porch. The Fiberglass has been on this bike for ten years, but I wanted to add small fiberglass inserts to reduce sway.

New anti sway inserts are seen here, dyed with green pigment. Had to clean years of road grime before the epoxy would stick. Headset, fork crown wrapped in blue tape and paper towels because I don’t want epoxy in my headset bearing
Old 09-30-23, 06:53 AM
hotbike

Bikes: a lowrider BMX, a mountain bike, a faired recumbent, and a loaded touring bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 75 Posts

Model 525 , the new honeycomb polypropylene fairing

New Fairing designated Model 525 Made of honeycomb polypropylene

5mm thickness honeycomb polypropylene honeycomb

5mm thickness honeycomb polypropylene honeycomb

Okay, I’m catching up with this thread, I have more photos