Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Is wearing ear plugs for 2-3 bad for ears?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Is wearing ear plugs for 2-3 bad for ears?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-22, 05:20 PM
JohnDThompson 
Old fart

Bikes: Several, mostly not name brands.

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3588 Post(s)
Liked 3,400 Times in 1,934 Posts
Originally Posted by Dany6
Yeah 2-3 hours is what i wanted to say heh.
Not an issue. When I worked at Trek, I wore foam ear plugs 8hrs/day, 5 days/week for years.
Old 05-08-22, 11:57 AM
Dany6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
Not an issue. When I worked at Trek, I wore foam ear plugs 8hrs/day, 5 days/week for years.
Yeah,but my concern was that those rubber ones could cause damage if i maybe push them really hard all the way,even tho i push them kinda hard (but not that hard they'd go all the way in my ear),sometimes it gets a little bit uncomfy for 2-3 mins,but they often do know to push back out off the ear,due to strong wind,or it just gets sweaty....
The ones i have are basic cheap ones,and i'd say they're efficient maybe around hmm let's say around 50-55%,the wind still slips thru the ear plugs and gives me the "whistle" wind noise instead of normal hard blowing wind noise...
But anyhow,i'll try to find those custom ones which you put them in hot water and then shape them for your own ear.

Last edited by Dany6; 05-08-22 at 12:04 PM.